rebuild or swap????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

should i rebuild my block or put a b20z in my 93 teg??? what should the costs be?? hmo said 906 to my door for a b20b

sorry that i post so much i thought you guys were here to help??? not bash everyone that you think is not as smart on honda stuff as you guys are....well that kinda pisses me off because brian11to1 allways adds his two cents i thought he would be a big help to my swap questions oh well i am sorry if i posted alot i just had many questions i was tring to get answerd sorry if i offended anyone by over posting i thought that is what you guys did HELP OTHERS WITH THE SAME INTEREST AS YOU??? sorry again brian and thanks for your help.... <_<

With the problems you seem to be having with the b18a1 I would go with the b20 swap.

In a way it's a better motor. What exactly are your plans for the car?
Is it going to stay semi-stock (minor bolt ons), weekend tracker, full out race car?

just bought my engine yesterday...b20z, its at a shop with my car it should be about four days and i will see how it runs....i am going street on this car daily driven and drove alot... so i dont want to get real crazy but i do like speed...i have a street car thats in the low 11's but its a 94 mustang :blink:

Hey dude... I didnt mean anything like what you though. Everytime I come to this forum I see 100 new posts by you about basically the same thing. Confine all your questions into 1 post, then update regularly, as I do. Anyhow, I cna be a big help to your questions i fyou PM me or Post them.

The B20Z swap is a great start, 140HP, 133TQ is a great number to start at. Although, while your at it, you may want to Get a differnet INTAKE MANIFOLD, cuase hte B20's is hella restrictive as is the LS's. A Skunk2 Unit can be bought for about $200 or AN-r, BLOX, etc... just search it out. Check into a header... on G2's you can use hte JDM ITR 4-1 Header from the 98+ Spec ITR, they cost about $300+, bu tyou have to cut a relieve in your front crossmember. Dont get your ecu chipped to rev higher, the B20's have weak Rod Bolts and this will lead to a spun bearing... Anymore questions? Post em.

Back