Rebuilding an axle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shfaster

sup everyone. my passenger side axle is spitting out axle grease everywhere. the boot looks fine, the grease is coming out from the band, so i wanna reband and grease them except i don't know how to do that. so can anyone tell me how to do it. also, whats the best place to get a new band and axle grease. thanks

Why don't ya just get a new one? Most places have like a year warranty so if it breaks you can just get another one for free. Brand new axles are like $70 for my car.

where do u get your axles rebanded. can i go to a tires/brake/shocks shop. cuz i don't what place can do them, but im trying to find a shop right now. but if you know what i should look for please let me know. thanks

yea i can't get a new axle cuz im broke. i know its 70-80 bucks, but im broke. does anyone know how to replace the band and axle grease.

No need for a new axle, go to Pepboys, Autozone, or whatever, and buy some bands, might be a whole $5, and some grease. then just undo the old band, slather in the new grease, and reband them. Or pretty much any general mechanic should be able to do it for a few bucks more.

Back