Rebuilding my GS-R Head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

speed488

I own a 2000 B18c1 engine, I want to make a b20vtec out of it. I need some advice on what type of cam + valvetrain I shoud use. I'm planning tu use high compression pistons for the block. This engine will be in a dayly driven car.

-Buddy Club Spec #
-Skunk2
-Toda (not sure I want to use these since day have rough idles)
-JUN

Afterward, with the cams I took, what kind of valtrain should I use and what cam gears?

I don't want to go TOO crazy on the $ but I know this will cost + having the job done

Thanks

you still can run stock valves and cams i have a ls/vtec turbo with 14psi and my head is stock please note with 12.1 comp u cant run on 91 also you need a engine management but if you whant better cams go with ctr cams beacuse they hit hard

you still can run stock valves and cams i have a ls/vtec turbo with 14psi and my head is stock please note with 12.1 comp u cant run on 91 also you need a engine management but if you whant better cams go with ctr cams beacuse they hit hard

-With ITR cams, springs, retainers I would be safe then? (I have a deal on a set, I would only have to buy OEM valves and I should be OK, if I understand you right?)

-I fuel with 94 octaine fuel, it should be ok or I should get lower comp. pistons?

-Engine management what does it do?

Thanks

94 octane should be fine.. .get a good tune though

Back