Rebuilding the Si (salvaged)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autox 89 dx

When I got my 91 SI it had a salvaged title and had a rough front end that wasn't fixed right. So last weekend I pulled my Sohc ZC and stripped it down. The subframe on the driver side was bent down about 1/2 inch so the fender did not line up, and the fender door gap was huge at top and touching at the bottom. So I worked out a trade of labor, I'm gonna fix my dads friends 85 toyota pick up it needs a new head gasket and he will fix the frame. Well today he came and it took him about 3 hours and my front end is no longer crooked.:D All my fender are alighned and hood gaps are good.So hopefully this weekend I can put my Sohc ZC mini me set up in. Along with all the parts I've been collecting like my Cai, header, AEM cam gear, B&M command flo, slotted and croosed drilled rottor and my hawk pads. The only thing I worry about is the wiring I've never have done a swap so hopefully it goes all good . I have a kit from Rywire so I shouldn't have a problem I hope. Wish me luck

GL, and post up some pics, Im going to be doing the same basic swap in a little while (Z6 into my GFs CRX) so this will be good reference.

Back