Rebuilding transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whiterabbit06

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?
VIP
I was looking at some stuff online trying to find some parts to rebuild my YS1 trans and I was wondering if you guys thing this would be worth the money or if I should just go to honda.

Acura & Honda 5 speed Transmission overhaul repair kit save money!
$237.27

On the same site:

BK Bearing Overhaul Kits (FWD) include all major bearings, input shaft bearings, main shaft (pinion( bearings, differential bearings, shift fork inserts, gaskets, seals and small parts when available.
Kits ending in WS include brass Syncro rings sets

Integra1992-1993
1.8lt 5 speed YS1
ALTBK390AWS
With Synchro rings

ball differential bearngs
72mm OD ball rear input bearing
$420.30

no oppinion here on the parts, but rebuilding a transmission is quite indepth. need to do all sorts of measurements to figure out shims and such. I'd rather send it out to a shop.

no oppinion here on the parts, but rebuilding a transmission is quite indepth. need to do all sorts of measurements to figure out shims and such. I'd rather send it out to a shop.

:werd:

I'd rather rebuild a motor myself than a transmission...

I already have the transmission apart. I am going to replace the axle seals the bearings and probably the synchros too. It's not my first time, I had to rebuild a transmission for a friend but he already had the parts.

Back