Reccomended Bearings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Just curious what bearings everyone is using. Im torn between ACL bearings and OEM bearings. ACL bearings I can get from camp1320.com for $99. I havent checked on OEM bearins yet. The days are narrowing down as to when I start my build/rebuild. Please help. If you know cheap sites where bearings can be purchased fork over the info. Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 21 2004, 03:12 AM
OEM yO!!!

since it's the weekend and shit what's the going price for b series Bearings anyone know?

There's 14 of those suckers... that alone comes out to 114 or so.. .then like 9 bucks a pop for thrust washers... then shipping... ACL's (from www.camp1320.com) are $99 for all that. we'll see though, I'll call my Mechanic who works for Honda and see. If you do know good online stores let me know.

majestic honda usally has very good, if not the best prices on OEM honda parts.

It all depends if you think your crank and rod journals are within spec. ACL bearings only come in one size. They are the equivalent to honda greens, which are right in the middle of the spectrum. If you buy oem you can get exact clearance numbers on all of your bearings, but that is alot more work too.

Also ACL bearings are harder than OEM, small peices of metal(i know you don't want this, but....) have a higher tendancy to get imbedded in the oem than the acl. Just some more info.

the acl are 99, but your gonna spend roughly 100 bucks for the machine shop to machine your motor for them to fit, so then your total is gonna be roughly 200 bucks for non OEM quality.

I personally feel there is no replacement for OEM quality, the other bearings sound cheaper, but in the long run your gonna fuck yourself.

I didnt feel like making a new topic, so here's my addition to the bearing question which has been answered. Ok, well I am down to choosing a headgasket now. So which one? I want it to bump compression up a bit along with still being reliable. It's for a B18A1 Thanks

Back