Reccomended trans and ecu for b18b1..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truchoEG

i was wondering what tranny to use and what code ECU would work with a EG wiring harness obd1?...

Any manual B series transmission will work. I would run a GSR B18C(1) transmission for the shorter gears with a decent 5th gear for highway mpg's

OBD1 P75 ECU is what you need.

I had a B16 transmission and absolutely hated the 5th gear. 70mph @4,000rpm's ain't too economical.

But the other gears are fun.

Still....GSR transmission FTW

Thanks for da info everyone....now how would it work if 1 has a shift linkage and da other cable tranny??...might sound a lil unlightened haha

Thanks for da info everyone....now how would it work if 1 has a shift linkage and da other cable tranny??...might sound a lil unlightened haha

You can buy a cable/hydraulic converter kits, but the easiest thing is just to find a transmission that matches the setup already in your car...

I had a B16 transmission and absolutely hated the 5th gear. 70mph @4,000rpm's ain't too economical.

My RSX-S has this problem. At 75mph the tach sits right below 4k. Apparently you can use a 6th gear from a TSX, but K-series parts are still more expensive than B-series stuff...

Guys do trow the TSX 6th in. Just like B-series guys throw the LS 5th in.

I do not think its worth it unless you are tearing the trans apart for a rebuild or something.

I believe if you have a 05-06 RSX-S then it's a 4.7FD. 02-04 is a 4.3FD (better hwy mpg's)

I love my itr transmission. I also loved my old b16 trans. but you guys are right, if you want better mpg then go with gsr or ls.

Back