recent gsr turbo but no vtec now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95gsrturbo

i just recently(2 days ago) put a full t3/t4 turbo setup on. i am running an external wasgate(xs power). i am currently running no O2 sensor. i have a oil cooler kit hookup also. my problem is sense i hooked up the turbo the vtec is not working. the oil cooler kit has been hooked up for 5 weeks before the turbo and the vtec was fine. i am running the greddy blue box for engine management. the blue box is all hooked up correctly. i also have full exhaust, underdrive crank pulley, fuel pressure regulator, and other none engine related parts. all these parts were on before turbo and vtec was fine. i am not sure if the turbo is using so much oil that its not reaching the vtec sensor or what. i think the no O2 sensor might have something to do with it. the car is a 95 with OBD1. has anyone had this problem before?

Is the check engine light on.
If so, pull the codes to see what the problem is, then take it from there.

good luck!

yes the light is on but it was before the turbo kit. the light was on b/c of the O2 sensor. i put a cat-delete in and ever since then the light has been on. now there is no cat-delete obviously b/c of the turbo exhaust

^^well why dont you work on getting that o2 working properly and take it from there.
Its not hard to do...Just take the exhaust off and weld an 02 bung on it, slap the o2 and wuallaaaaa

If im not mistaken vtec wont kick in if the check engine light is on.

Back