RECENT SWAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolidDreamz

I JUST FINISHED my swap today, Started it on saturday. Got the engine running, took it for a drive not even 2 blocks down the road I hear a sound and the rpms would increase while in gear but the car wouldnt accelerate. pulled over. Now when I start the car have have the clutch pushed in, when I release the luctch even in neutral there is a wierd noise, maybe grinding. So you think my clutch is shot? Also when I finished the swap the clutch pedal didnt have much pressure but it didnt grind into gear to leave so I thought I could make it to a friends house to have him help me bleed the clutch. Is it because I might not have enough pressure in the lines or do you think the clutch is shot? One other think not important is when the rpms go up in neutral the speed odometer rises with it? Thanks for any help.

I hope you replaced the clutch when the engine was out, or at least checked it to see if it was still in good shape. The first thing I did when my engine came was pull the tranny off to check the clutch, it wasn't bad but I replaced it anyway, hell for $125 and 1 hour of my time it was worth it. Now if your clutch is worn you have at least 3 hours of work and at least 125 if u do it yourself. If you get someone to do it for you then your looking at 400 in labor and 250 in parts.

I suggest you bleed it first, which you shoulda done after the swap. Then if it does't help, drop the tranny and REPLACE the clutch.
***dont forget the throw out bearing***

And that's some messed up shit I've never heard of the speedometer going up when ur in nuetral, check your wiring for that.

I just bought an exedy clutch for 98.00 plus 20.00 shipping. I'll replace myself :( Im just hoping that the clutch is the actual problem because im not mr money bags :)

It really sounds like it's slipping so im guessin its the clutch, while you have the tranny off wither replace the flywheel, resurface it or at least turn it. Ebay is the shit, I know you probably bought it off there

I just bled the clutch line that is right in fron of the tranny and got the air bubbles out but the clutch pedal is still soft. When I did the swap the only thing that I took off was the clutch line in the front of the tranny. Do you think there is something else I have to bleed located somewhere else? Does a soft pedal mean a bad clutch? It still makes a wierd noise when I left off the clutch when running. Yes I put new tranny fluid in after the swap. Speedometer still rises with rpms in neutral. Thanks for any help but I guess I got to pull the tranny off :( Oh yeah one other thing my old SOHC d15b7, how much should I sell that for with the tranny and everything, The engine burned mad oil when taken out. Give me a good price to sell. thanks

Yeah I got the clutch off ebay. Honda said it was 359 for there stock clutch. Advance auto said 118.00 for some generic brand, paid 98.00 4 exedy offf of ebay.

Back