1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recently bought a "mugen Chip" (supposedly)

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by elijahblake, Jul 3, 2003.

1. elijahblake

elijahblake Junior Member

So I bought a (supposed) mugen chip off of ebay and they sent me a chip with two wires. So do you think it's lagit or is there anyway to tell? Cause I really don't wanna fry my ECU. :worthy: Appreciate some good advice.

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

3. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

the shit you bought is a 25 cent resistor that goes between the iat sensor and the ecu to make the car think air is colder than it really is and so dumps more fuel in
    old old racing trick
    next time chech a products website before you belive the guy selling it to you

you got ripped :bash:

4. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

first try to get your money back, then take your ecu out of your ride and send it out to get it reprogrammed from a legit place that offers good service, I went through locash racing, p28 plus skunk2 program with my revlimit and crossover and it was great service, no problems at all, and got the ecu in one week and costed only 250 shipped with ecu.

Some peeps also don't recommend chips/programs since like stated above they just trick your ecu into thinking something else and you really get worse gas mileage and pills will tell you he actually lost power I believe. Then you might consider a better base map if you did a swap.

Milan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted