recently de-classified stealth fighter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Simple terms...

The wing shown in the picture above, is the way the wing sit's while being moved around...before flight, that wing folds back to normal position, with the flaps and ailerons on the trailing edge of the wing...now look closely at the butt end of that wing....where it would butt-up against the airframe...the outer most portion of that wing root has no securing device, that would mount it and firm it up to the fuselage.....unless they made a huge radical design to make it swivle like the F-14's swept wing design...where the main wing root is huge as hell, and rotates on a huge gearing system. But that type of a system is not evident in those pics....

As for radical flying designs....the F-4 proved that if you put enough power to a brick...it will fly....that said..any type of a stable airfoil design will more than likely fly.

The point that this plane pictured will hit Mach 1+ up to 3-4...is not evident in the pics...also. For a plane to skin abouve mach, it's wing/fuselage area must be able to fit into it's self.....like a bullet. Basic aerodynamics proved it on the concord, SR71, F-15, etc....

The fuselage must be at a shape to where it is bulged before the wing, and the wing must persay have the same area and mass as if it is molded behind the fuselage bulge...it's hard to decribe it typing it out, but I am sure if I googled it up, I can find the diagrame that I am trying to talk about.

As for other aspects about these photos....the cameras are a dead giveaway that this is for a film shoot....and I am sure if I google it up...I'll stumble across various forums about the validity of this aircraft...and what Hollywood is useing it for.

Even though I'm into helicopters right now....if it's a secret government project...I would more than likely know about it. Hell, I'm cutting some weird shit at work on the gerbers for other aircraft parts that are not even out in the press...Remember...I deal with aircraft composites all night :)

well it also makes sense that the chick looks like jessica biel as she is shooting a movie called "Stealth" right now

Plot Outline: Deeply ensconced in a top-secret military program, three pilots struggle to bring an artificial intelligence program under control ... before it initiates the next world war.

yeah, I've been around here and there. my b18 started burning serious oil like 6 or 7 months ago and I haven't driven the civic since. Right now I'm tyring to find a stock motor to throw back in and I'm giving the POS to my girlfriend and buying either an a4 or an used m3

Originally posted by Sobe_Death@Jul 18 2004, 11:45 AM
did anybody look deeper into this? it seems like it may not be real. the internet is the only place i have heard about this plane, and i like to say i keep myself on top of things like this.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...craft/fa-37.htm
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys.../fa-37-pics.htm

i highly doubt they would put their #1 plane on a movie set before it was anything more than a prototype...
[post=364811]Quoted post[/post]​

that was the point. Its a movie prop from a pretty awful looking movie staring jessica biel

Originally posted by Havok@Jul 16 2004, 08:41 PM
My 1st thought was "Damn, she looks like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre chick."

My 2nd thought was "Who let a woman fly that thing?" :p
[post=364352]Quoted post[/post]​

i thought the same thing...but in reverse order :p

I'm pretty sure its fake. If it was real, then bush would've killed its development program like he did to the comanche program. Dumb military cuts.... waste of money.

ITS FROM A MOVIE!!!!

IT IS NOT REAL!!!!

cool looking plane... but its still not real

Originally posted by noobvang@Jul 19 2004, 02:37 AM
I'm pretty sure its fake. If it was real, then bush would've killed its development program like he did to the comanche program. Dumb military cuts.... waste of money.
[post=365096]Quoted post[/post]​

Bush didn't kill the Comanchi...Congress and the Army did....

I know....I was building parts for it...

And 70 people that was working on it was laid off....most of them are back in the company now...but some are still in limbo....

And as for the Future of Sikorsky Aircraft...Right now we are trying to win the contract for the Presidents Helicopter....but for some reason, a LADY SENETOR IN NY.....Want to change the builders of the VH program to another Helocopter Company not in the USA....Thank you Mrs. CLINTON :angry:

For the last 30-40 years Sikorsky has been faithfull building and repairing the Presidents Fleet for his Helicopters...and we have a new Helicopter...the S-92 that we are offering up for the VH nomination...a lot of jobs are at stake on this.....and the Good Old American PRIDE....

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jul 19 2004, 06:32 AM
Right now we are trying to win the contract for the Presidents Helicopter....but for some reason, a LADY SENETOR IN NY.....Want to change the builders of the VH program to another Helocopter Company not in the USA....Thank you Mrs. CLINTON :angry:

Now ya know how a lot of us feel about outsourcing. And the President says it's a GOOD thing.

What goes around comes around.

I talked to the guy who gave me the pics he said they are from a movie shoot but the plane itself was featured in popular mechanics like a year ago, still looking for info though. About the wings locking, if (and it prolly is) the wings are sweapt by a gearbox turned by a hydraulic motor, it could be locked at the gearbox, don't rightly know though

Back