Recomend a good tire for autocross/ DD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LSCRX

I am going to be getting my 15" slips soon, and am trying to figure out what to wrap them in. I was going to go wtih the falken ziex ZE-512, but they got poor ratings per discount tire. My second choice was Azenis RT-65, but those are 107 each!

Any other recommendations, i am going to DD, and doing autocross a few times a month and maybe the 1/8th once in a while.

I was hoping the tires would be cheaper, as i just bought tires for my truck (189 each :eek:) But i know you get what you pay for.

Thanks in advance

Tire Products By Vehicle - Discount Tire Co.

x2 on the Ecsta ASXs. Got em on my EJ8. They do handle very well. Not the thinnest of sidewalls, but solid none the less, no side roll. Good tread wear as well, going on a year and a half on 2 rotations. I dont do burnouts tho, for the most part.

yeah i dont burn out to warm the tires up before a launch, tho when i do launch on the occasion, i'll get a lil bit of slip. but o well. no wheel hop atleast :)

I have Ecsta ASX on my 325 and they seem to respond very well...even for all seasons.

Something to consider is that good racing tires will wear out very quickly on the street.

Thanks for the tip, i will look into those. You cant have your cake and eat it too, with tires. But i want to eat half and save half :p

Tire wear, was the reason the falken RT-65 were rated very poor, they are supposed to have a 40K warranty per the discount site, but i guess they dont even make it that far. I was wanting a thick sidewall to prevent tire roll, and these seem to fit the part.

Update! I ended up getting the Kumo ASXs, i just got them yesterday and getting ready to throw them on this weekend. I ended up getting a set of flat black slips with kumos and lugs for 625! I cant wait :D

That's a great price! Post up your results when you have them on!

I have the Kumho ASX's and they are great for the type of driving I do. They work just great for DD, and autocross, can vouche for the 1/8 mile tho

I don't have your salary. :)

Back then I had all the money in the world... no bills, great engineer pay, $340 a month rent on a HUGE apartment. Now I have LOTS of bills. Better pay, but a LOT less to spend.

And you never know- you probably still make more than I do. :)

Back