recommend me tires?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ethan

VIP
Hey guys.. wondering if anyone could recommend me some tires for my ef hatch?

i wanna keep it a little lower than stock and i want a decent tire for a good price to fit 14x6.5 wheels. 50-55 range would be nice and the wider the better. i have 60 series on them now but they look doofy.

anyone have a suggestion?

185/60/14 is the stock size. if you go to a 55, you're going to be wicked small. finding a 195/55 or ever 205/55 on a 14 may be impossible too. and a 205 on a 6.5 starts to get sloppy.

I have azenis. They grip really well, but make tons of noise. I've had good success with Kumho tires and they are cheeeep. Next I'll be spending a little extra and get the above mentioned UHP's.

Yokohama AVS ES100s (or their equivalent replacement in the lineup). LOVED those tires.

To be honest road noise never bothered me.. i have the radio up pretty loud 80% of the time.. or its off while im ripping up some back roads! :)

Just want a decent sticky tire that will look good on my wheels with the car a inch or 2 lower than stock.

General UHPs are good all-around tires. Good in the rain, good in the dry, they're not the best in snow, but they'll get you through a light dusting, all around good for street driving.

For autocross or spirited driving, I'd have to go with a set of Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec, or even Hankook Ventus R-S3.

I do, I sent him a link to this thread.

He told me he has someone he is giving until next week for payment. If no payment he said he will let me know. :(

Last edited:
Back