recommendations for picture hosting.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
im looking for a site to host up my pictures that people can come to and view/comment etc.
i have looked into flickr, deviantart, webshots, photobucket, etc.
but, i really dont like the clause they have saying that they can do what they want with your pictures without your permission or any payment to you. plus, in order to upload a certain amount or do specific things you have to be a paid member.
if im paying for anything, i would rather be paying for my own site, but i have no clue how much any of that costs.

anybody have any site recommendations or any info about developing my own site?

im nowhere near pro or anything, but i still dont want people using my stuff without my permission.

what are you trying to upload that you are so worried about? flickr has billions of pictures, unless you are doing something illegal, it's nothing to worry about.

yeah, i know. i was going to go with flickr, but they limit how much you can load unless you pay for a membership. i have a lot of pics i want to upload.

deviantart, was my first thought, but, once again you have to pay for convenience, you can only upload one pic at a time and have to go through the whole process every time unless you are a paid member. and i have a lot of pics.

another site you had to buy something every month just to be able to keep your account.
i like photobucket, but i mainly see that as a quick host for just random pics, items for sale and things like that.

i know that its a very very slim chance of the site using one of my pics for their own gain, but for some odd reason that just unnerves me seeing that kind of stuff in an agreement.

basically, im cheap, and if im paying to host my pictures, id rather know that nobody but me can/will use my pics unless i give permission.

well, here's how i see it.

i have photobucket. i only host photos that i want to post online.

if you are worried about losing photos, put them on disc and get an external hard drive.

if you are only hosting to post shit on the net, use photobucket.

if you are hosting for businesses purposes, stop being a tight ass and eat the cost. it's part of doing business. lol

if you want to host and still be a tight ass, just create multiple accounts and usernames.

lol, nothing business related here. not good enough for that.

i do need to get an external, but thats just because i need somewhere to store all my shit, laptop is getting crowded and slow.

but, just for knowledge sake, what kind of investment/knowledge does it take to get a basic site up?

depends on the site. if you really want to be a tight ass, just host your photos on facebook or myspace and put them on "private". lol

im looking for a site to host up my pictures that people can come to and view/comment etc.
i have looked into flickr, deviantart, webshots, photobucket, etc.
but, i really dont like the clause they have saying that they can do what they want with your pictures without your permission or any payment to you. plus, in order to upload a certain amount or do specific things you have to be a paid member.
if im paying for anything, i would rather be paying for my own site, but i have no clue how much any of that costs.

anybody have any site recommendations or any info about developing my own site?

im nowhere near pro or anything, but i still dont want people using my stuff without my permission.

postlets | home

YES its for real estate, however you can host an unlimited # of pix and nobody can mess with them.

buy a domain and a $5 a month hosting package and host them yourself if you're worried about sopyright, etc.

I just paid upfront for a Flickr account. My pictures and what not are worth the 30 bucks a year or whatever it is. And Yahoo has a bigger server farm than I can afford. The chances of my pictures getting whipped out are pretty close to zero.

Back