recommended places to get a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by evoracer03@Aug 27 2005, 03:54 AM
steve sells the h22 long block only, but for the cash i would grab the rest cuz you still need at least the ecu, so after shipping youre gonna probably be 14-1500 into it.  might as well spend the extra couple hundred bucks and have all you need in front of you, rather than realizing later that you need parts and everywhere is closed...
[post=545933]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah I would definitely need the complete engine/ecu and probably the wiring at least just for the plugs and connectors. As far as the trans goes, I've been doing some research and now I'm all kinda hot & bothered over the Euro-R/Accord-R trans so I may just try and see if I can track down one of those.
I dunno- I think I'm just concerned about if I ever had any problems down the line with the jdm lsd, I wouldn't be able to replace it with a non-jdm spec unit PLUS then the case is junk too. That's another big reason why I was wondering if I'd just be better off getting a usdm H22/H23 trans and sticking an obx lsd in there. I don't really do any hardcore drag stuff, just the usual aggressive street driving/ occasional racing and autox so the obx unit should be ok I would think...?

hmotors = :thumbsup:

osaka = piece of shit

i would go some place local anyday though...
compression tests before you buy = :thumbsup:

H22 trans, LSD or not is the way to go, f22 trans or h23 trans = gap between 1st and 2nd, which = falling out of vtec...

Back