recommended swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxless

im looking to purchase a 2nd gen rex seen a few clean complete cr-x's but non running for 500 so i plan on picking one up when i say clean i mean strait body interior so so. im not really on a buget because i will always put money into this car more of a month to month buget. but anyways i seen the articals about non recommended swaps but what are some recoommeded i was told a built low compression boosted gsr was the way to go any opinions about this im wanting to shoot for 11's and i know its a "what if" but there has to be a hp# that will promise those ets plz share your combo with times if you are able ty

most on here will recommend b16,b18,or b20....if i was you i would build an ls..they are perfect for boost...11's will be a stretch but its def. possible..
low compression pistons,stronger rods,dual valvesprings,titanium retainers,upgraded cam(high lift short duration i believe is what blanco taught me)you probably want to run racegas as well...and obviously turbo..

Break out the cutting torch, plasma cutter, and a shoe horn and cram a 426 Hemi in that little mofo. Hahah na just kiddin. Do your research look into all possible options and in the end do the one that makes most sense to you. Be it a B16, B18, B20, hell a D series whatever you want its your choice. Sure anyone can tell you that a Ls or a B20 is the way to go. But depending on where you live there are alot of factors that are going to affect how your swap goes and how its going to run in the end. Race gas is great if thats all your going to do is race but take into account also that that hot of fuel is going to take its toll on your valve train as well. And also consider the price difference per gallon. Any way good luck

TRU

pfft he's in houston - swap possibilities are endless - personally i'd say a JDM B18c - either GSR or type r - and hell anyone can build a mean car on boost - do it N/A - besides it's a rex they weigh nothing

i know theres a big difference in 4 banggers and v8s i own a mustang and i put down 260 to the wheels my best time was a 13.30 at 101mph and thats at 3565lbs i just figured if i and 100 ponys and drop 1ooolbs in a crx sht 11s dosnt sound to far fetched but i know the torque is different from the two maybe i am shooting high. the ls is the non vtec right i gotta have that vtec man aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol. i want a real nice combo so ill do some research and get back with yall for more opinons and i didnt plan on someone telling me how to spend my money just wanted some ideas then ill research them right now im the defenition of noob when it comes to foreign tech

way bigger differance from fwd to rwd....11's are pretty high expectations but as i said..its do-able...if you want vtec build a gsr or type-r..i would go with the gsr because its less money and you can make it just as fast as a type-r...
but use the type-r tranny--lsd owns

b18c1 looks to be the power house had any experiences with that motor it will be 0bd 1 right out of a 94 teg and the rex will be obd0 that sounds like a pain

my boy had a gsr..they make good power..
not a pain at all...get the engine harness,and the obd0-obd1 jumper harness..also get a chipped p28..

hmotors are awesome..the b18c is the jdm gsr i believe

hmo motors anyone, this may be stupid is the b18c same as b18c1

hmotors are awesome..the b18c is the jdm gsr i believe

All B18C's in Japan are labeled as simply "B18C". It might be a Type R, it might be an SiR-G (Japanese GS-R equivalent). You'd have to go off of other stuff to tell the difference, like the valve cover, intake/exhaust mani, etc.

The B18C1 is the USDM GS-R engine.

the p28 does not have a knock sensor all so if i read correctly no iab if the stock b18c1 intake does this will hurt me in mid range power?

the only problem the the b20 blocks is that the sleeves are really week.. i would sleeve it then do a b20/vtec turbo.

the p28 does not have a knock sensor all so if i read correctly no iab if the stock b18c1 intake does this will hurt me in mid range power?

The knock sensor thing doesn't matter. If you want to use a P28 on a B18C then you'll need to have it chipped and loaded with the proper maps anyway. The selling point of the P28 is that it's easy to chip and tune, not that it will automatically run any Honda motor you hook it up to.

i think u should get a b20 or with a little more money a h22

I would start by making your own thread...and then providing some more information, like what chassis the motor is going into, how much power you want to make, what your goals are for the car, etc.

Dropping 1000lbs from a CRX is far fetched. They already weigh like 1800-2200lbs depending on trim, and lightest I've seen is ~1600lbs(hatchback) with a lot removed including some wires.

I'd go turbo B20. :) For all-motor, H and K-series are your best bet. Traction is key; FWD's don't grip as well as RWD's off the line.

Back