recommended tire size for 14x6??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
alrighty.. gonna be buying tires soon and someone on H-T was telling me to get 185/60-14 instead of 195/60-14 .. they're going on a 94 Civic and i know the factory size is 185/60, but i want a wider footprint.. but how much of a difference is there between the 2 tire sizes.. which do you recommend?

Order 195/55-14s... far and away the best. Shorter sidewall increases response, and shorter od means better gearing and hence better acceleration...

Dunlop SP Sport 8000

They won't last too long on the street, but they'll feel seriously badass. I wouldn't run them as a daily tire- they're not meant to be either.

Get 185/60-14. Just get them in a good tire, not a crappy one. A good 185/60 will be much more enjoyable than a mediocre 195/55.

well the local tire shop has Bridgestone Potenza re950's in a 195/60 for $220 mounted and balanced.. their 185/60 is a Federal tire.. i dont have a lot of money to spend on tires but i want something that performs well for the money

The 950s are a good buy... are they sure they don't have the right size? Are you unwilling to waiting a few days to get tires shipped to you?

i dont have a problem with ordering them.. its just i wont get the same price as i would there.. i'll actually go by there and have them show me what they have in that size .. its just a local tire shop so they dont have a huge inventory.. a lot of cheap tires

what about these?
Goodyear Eagle Ventura ... found these on tires-easy.com - the home of low tire prices for cars, 4x4's and vans[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
eagleventura.jpg

[/FONT]

Back