Red LED instrument panel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NickBeam

I replaced the OEM light bulbs with red led's, this picture is crappy. I took it with my phone because I couldn't find my camera. I'll get a better one up soon. I will do a write up for this if enough people want to see it.
408.jpg

Well it's actually really easy on your eyes and doesn't distract your attention. Red and Amber are the best for that, and I can turn down the brightness if I want. It's works the same as with the OEM bulbs. Ive always liked Pontiac because of their red clusters. Now mine looks exactly the same :). I have drill this weekend, so I won't have a chance to do much, but I'll try and do a write up sometime during the beginning of the week.
Looks pretty cool. How is it on the eyes at night?

Last edited:
Someone on here has a similar write-up, but these definitly turned out better, as compared to just making a different difuser. In for the write-up.

yea my boy just put a type-r cluster in his ef(for the amber effect) so if i can get amber without swapping then hell yes

it would be alot cheaper to do this than get a Type-R cluster though. This cost about $35-$45 depending on which LED's you go with.
yea my boy just put a type-r cluster in his ef(for the amber effect) so if i can get amber without swapping then hell yes

:) Ive already started taking pictures and writing it up in word. I'll probably have it done next day or so. I don't get off till 9:30 tonight and I have to go in early tomorrow. probably looking at Wednesday.
lol so save me some money and get on a write-up:D

So when are you going to have the write-up done? I'm looking forward to checking it out and maybe even doing it to my car.

Back