Red Sox...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
what a game!

I dislike the sox, but that was a great game...I still cant believe the head on crash ...that was nuts!!!

SOX!!! YEAH!!!!!!

Christ I was shitting my pants at the end!

GO SOX!!!!

(sorry but I can use caps now) :p

I was shitting my pants the last inning too, when they walked the first two guys I was so pissed. But the first guy he struck out, that was one hell of a pitch, I don't think I have ever seen so much movement.

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 6 2003, 10:27 PM
who cares

uh, guess we do.

(Must have been an A's fan) :p

What time does game 1 start? Its on wed. right?

nevermind, starts at 8...I get off of work at 8!!! :woo:

Sox in 7........

Yankees fans tend to forget the Sox took 3-4 games in the summer series IN yankee stadium this year, and swept the yankees at home once also......

we'll see what happens, but my money is on the sox.......

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 8 2003, 10:50 AM
As we've seen from past Red Sox performance, the regular season happenings have no bearing on the playoffs.

yeah....red sox can win all they want against the yankees in the regular season, but post season performance seems to go downhill for them, imo.

regular season play is no real comparison to post season play, for any team.

I want the Red Sox to win, but I think the Yanks will go all the way, because Pedro is not pitching the first game. Actually, whoever wins the first game is going to win the series.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 8 2003, 03:50 PM
As we've seen from past Red Sox performance, the regular season happenings have no bearing on the playoffs.

your right, they have no DIRECT bearing, BUT, they still play the same game in October that they do throught the rest of the year. There are still 9 innings and 27 outs to be played per game....

yeah....red sox can win all they want against the yankees in the regular season, but post season performance seems to go downhill for them, imo.

Thats where your wrong, and do not know anything about the Sox.....the Sox normally have there midseason swoon in June, and then one again in August. It has happened so many years, its like clock work. They are actually pretty decent in post season play, but usually always ending up getting taken out against the team that goes to the series........

I want the Red Sox to win, but I think the Yanks will go all the way, because Pedro is not pitching the first game. Actually, whoever wins the first game is going to win the series.

If they lose the first game, do not count them out. The Sox have Wakefield going on the mound for game 1 and he holds an UNBELIEVABLE playoff record. Then goes Lwe in game 2, and Pedro in game 3, with Suppan/Burkett in game 4, Wake in Game 5, Lowe in game 6, and Pedro in game 7............

That doesn't look too bad to me to be honest. The Sox actually lost the first 2 games to Oakland, and still won. Did you also forget the 1999 ALDS against Manny Ramirez and the Cleveland Indians, when the Sox won in 5 and lost the first game??? Pedro strutting out of the dug out, and the looks of the Indians players faces like they saw a ghost........

^^^^ yes youre right about the swoon they get into after the all star break. but if your red sox play so good in the post season.....then why cant they win?? not trying to be an asshole, but i dont think the red sox have the well rounded team that it takes to win a world series. they rely on a couple people to win it for them.

^^^^ yes youre right about the swoon they get into after the all star break. but if your red sox play so good in the post season.....then why cant they win?? not trying to be an asshole, but i dont think the red sox have the well rounded team that it takes to win a world series. they rely on a couple people to win it for them.

Because I pointed out also in my last post that they seem to always go up against either the evetual WS champion and get taken out, or they go up against the WS runner up. Either way, they more often than not tend to run into those problems.....

Also, MOST teams rely on a few people to win a world series. Look at your Yankees. Where would they be without Jeters clutch October play or Rivera in his prime? I think the middle reliefe was the key to all those yankee wins. All teams that make it to the playoffs have good starting pitching, and since offense isn't as important to a series win as great pitching is, Your Yankees chances lie in middle reliefe. Look at past championships since 96. Stanton was the main reason you won those championships. Without the lights out middle relief to shut down good offenses, your gonna get lit up. Thats where both the Yanks and Sox are lacking this year. The Bullpen. So, it comes down to, can people like Jose Contreras (who gets LIT UP by the sox offense everytime he faces them) and Gabe White hold down the midle innings? Rivera can't pitch every game of a 7 game series in order to secure 6 outs at the end of a game. So those two will have to step up. We'll see, because we know the Boston bullpen isn't great either. We'll see who has the better clutch play.....

Besides, the long and the short of it its, Non of these players believe in a curse....this year is another year....

Hmmm, so Pedro is only going to be pitching one game, huh?

umm....who told you that???? Just so I can requote myself:
Then goes Lwe in game 2, Pedro in game 3, with Suppan/Burkett in game 4, Wake in Game 5, Lowe in game 6, and Pedro in game 7............

Now if you assume that they aren't going to go 7 then you overestimate the sox chances..... If it doesn't go 7, you will definatly see Pedro pitch on short rest......

Yes, the Red Sox lost the first two games, and came back and one, but it was only a five game series, and Pedro probably wouldn't have pitched that game had it been seven, which could have made the Sox fall behind 3-2 if it was a seven game series. Secondly, the A's are not nearly as good as the Yankee's, the Yankee's probably won't give three games in a row, especially if they are up by two. Like I said I hate the Yanks and like the Red Sox, but the Sox have got to win at least the first game, better if they won two, in order to make it to the series, from there, if the Marlins make it to the series, I don't think the Sox can handle the speed of the Marlins. If they Marlins can make every single a double and Pudge stays hot, the Sox don't stand a chance.

sox are a real team, its not just a few players that help them win. its a different player every night that steps it up. the yankees arent a team, just a bunch of high priced players that under achieve. yankees might win but with the higest payroll in the league they better.

Back