redline for b18b?? in a base civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryanguyton

what would the redline be in a 94 b18b swap into the civic hatch i have the base rpm gauge that comes with the 92-95 civic but when i get on it stalls or feels like it reach its limts b4 i get to nine? is there a aftermarket gauge i can buy to put in the dash i dont want a big old tach either something that would replace the gauges thats in the car now. thanks..:confused:

b18b tachs out at like 6800. you won't get to 9 without an ecu change/chip and massive headwork. You don't need to chang eyour cluster... just realize that you won't get 'into the red'

If you HAVE to have it be red, you can always paint it....

the cluster is just a display. it doesn't effect what the motor does.

I rolled a LS swap for 10 years. 7200 is cut off. I beat that bitch all through college and then some. I got some good cash for it when I swapped out too.....great compression and passed smog with ease.

you could get an EG SI cluster.. i believe it redlines a little closer to the LS

You could just swap to an Integra dash and use an actual LS cluster.

On a side note, why the F are you revving your LS swap up to 9k??? It's an LS swap, not an S2000 engine... :shrug2:

I am suprised it can go that high....must be chipped with a bad basemap. Its not like there is power being made or even a plateau that gets anywhere close to 9k. A LS built would have a hard time let alone simple bolt on's. I'm suprised a valve hasn't floated if he gets even close. Stock valve springs would start dancing around 8....as a guess.

Back