Redline on a b18b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tphan4

99 B18b in a 93 Civic EX
intake/header/exhaust

What is my redline at? Ive researched and alot of people say 6500 but that doesnt seem right to me that my d16z6 was shifting higher then the dohc motor.....so someone please help me out

6500 sounds right, the b18b is non vtec and max power is at 6300...so 6500 sounds right to me, but I'm not sure as I don't have one.

I have a B18B1 in my Integra and my rev limiter kicks in at 7200 but when I am racing I shift at 7K.

So either B's reference section is wrong or the rev limiter is set 900 rpms higher than max power for the b18b?? Why would that be??

142@6300 only means where you make peak hp. The rev limit or fuel cutout is a preset point that the ecu doesn't allow you to rev past. In the b18b1's case its around 7 suttin.

yeah mine is at 7200...i shift about 6900 somewhere in that area

I have a 95 integra ls. The red line is at 6800 and rev limiter is a bit about that. When I took my car to the dyno it peaked out at 6200 / 6300, so going over those rpms it stupid. Unless you have a new cams and head work, but with a stockish setup like I/H/E other small bolt ons you wanna shift here 6200 / 6300

I dont like shifting that low because of the way its geared. It drops too low in the next gear when you shift at 6200...But its everyones preference.

The rpms drop down low when you shift because you aren't manipulating the petals properly. Its ok I can't do it right either :D . I have pics of my dyno runs that I will post later today. I was really happen with the results. I put 124 hp and 113 tq down to the ground with just an I/E.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Aug 14 2004, 12:16 PM
The rpms drop down low when you shift because you aren't manipulating the petals properly. Its ok I can't do it right either :D . I have pics of my dyno runs that I will post later today. I was really happen with the results. I put 124 hp and 113 tq down to the ground with just an I/E.
[post=376822]Quoted post[/post]​

If i wasnt in the middle of a hurrican right now me and my boy were supposed to goto the dyno today...but im assed out on that deal.

Originally posted by Blanco@Aug 15 2004, 12:46 PM
"Shift at peak power to hit peak torque." - pissedoffsol
"RPM = Ruins People's Motors" - Calesta

My A6 is pretty much the same, peak power around 6300, redline at 6500, and cutoff at 7200. When I first got it, I used to shift at 7k now In just shift at redline though. No sense in destroying your motor for a few extra mph in each gear.
[post=377109]Quoted post[/post]​

yea its not really worth it in the long run, although i do understand shifting as high in the rpms as possible because as soon as you engage in the next gear up, your rpms drop real low due to the long gear ratios in the tranny. may i suggest a gsr tranny to go with that b18b ;) .

b18b redline 6800 rev limit 7200

Back