Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by eg6sir, Aug 11, 2006.
came across this on another board.. wondering who i CA is going..
uuh, august 5th and 6th was last weekend dude....
that it was...day late and dollar short.
check the right of the flyer.. other dates YO!!
i smell a road trip in december. i so wanna run the prelude at button willow. ive got some work to do...
i'm about 30 min from Buttonwillow.. if you or anyone else ends up going maybe i'll roll out just to chill .. no $$ to run the car..
buttonwillow is a great course. If my roll cage was complete I'd be down there.
bolt in roll cage, new program, H&R Springs, AGX Shocks/Struts, new exhaust, lsd and fd. i should be ready to go by december. thats about 2-3k. im saving about 700 a month for this project car, so hopefully i dont need to dip into it for any reason.
i remember your topic on the place.. i'd love to run my car, but its in no shape to track... my suspension sucks ass... my tires arent the best tires for tracking.. and my brakes are stock.. once i get everything built how i want it, i'll run then
shit...forgot brakes....i MIGHT be ready for it. I definitely dont wanna run button willow with my current brakes. i wonder what i can do...i MIGHT have it all done by the begining of december. lets hope i dont get financially raped soon.
Heck yeah, marking my calendar... I don't know what the rules are for entering the track day yet, but maybe I can get my buddy with a wrx to go with me. I'm always down for a blast down the 166 into Bakes.
STREET CLASS The Street Class is designed for lightly to heavily modified "daily driven" vehicles. Street Class is home for the grassroots enthusiast or tuner shop looking to prove they have they fastest vehicle on street tires.
[FONT="]Rules for Street Class Cars:
- Must be registered and legal for use on public roadways
- Replacement or removal of OE glass prohibited
- All Street Class vehicles must use DOT street tires with a UTQG tread wear rating of 140 or higher, Tires with UTQG tread wear rating under 140 are not permitted in Street Class
-“full carbon fiber bodied” vehicles prohibited from Street Class
- Carbon Fiber and other light weight material non OEM Hoods, Trunks/Hatches/ Fenders permitted
- Carbon Fiber/Aluminum/Fiberglass and other light weight material non OEM Doors/Quarter Panels and Roofs not permitted - Convertibles with hard tops can utilize Carbon Fiber/Aluminum/Fiberglass hard tops.
- All Street Class vehicles are not permitted to have fully "gutted" interiors. Partially gutted interiors are allowed. Interiors must have all OEM dash and door panel components. Replacement of drivers and passengers seat are permitted.
- Vehicles in Street Class are allowed gutted and striped interior from behind the drivers seat.
-Roll Cages are Allowed in Street Class, as long as it allows for the installation of the rear seats (if the vehicle is equipped from the factory with rear seats). The rear seats can be removed for the Time Attack event, but it must be physically possible to re-install the rear seats without having to remove or modify the roll cage. Vehicles that have roll cages that make it impossible to install the rear seats without having to modify or remove the roll cage will be relegated to the Unlimited Class. Bolt in cross braces, that are removable, and that would not allow (physically) the rear seats to be installed when connected, are permitted, granted the cross brace can be removed. This removal capability must be demonstrated to a Redline Track Events tech inspector.
- Factory restraints are permitted for any vehicle in street class. If four or five point harness is utilized, car must have harness bar installed.
- Snell 95 or higher rated helmet required.
- Convertibles allowed on track with roll bars. Some cars with factory roll protection are allowed if they are equipped with a factory OEM roll protection system. For Example a Honda S2000 & Porsche Boxster has a 4 point factory roll protection system that is allowed. Check with your car manufacture to determine the effectiveness of roll protection.
- See "Vehicle Classification List" For List of Vehicles Relegated to Modified Class or Unlimited Class. i.e. some vehicles will NOT be permitted in the Street Class due to specific horse power or other specifications. For example, a Ferrari Enzo or Porsche Carrera GT will be relegated to the Unlimited class due to there "super car" specification[/FONT]
Money permitting, I am definitely in.
speaking of the AMS evo...
same..If I had some damn free time from work, I'd have the hatch ready...but by december..no sweat..as long as I have the $$ for the entry I'm in
well.. looks like i'm gonna go just to chill.. unless i have my car ready and cash to run, but that is not very likely unless i win the lottery (no i dont play, and yes i know you gotta play to win)
Sweet, then you can see the car that your old AASco flywheel went into. I love that thing! We all gotta hit this up, whether we are racing or not. HS Cali meet! Then we can all hit highway 166 and go to the beach!
i'm so down.. HS Cali meet, whos in..
Separate names with a comma.