redline

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

in reply to the above post by Steelbuster....

YOURE RIGHT. IM AN IDIOT. DOH! my bad.

hmmm redlining the engine wont necessarily to the engine itself any harm becuase manufacturers usually overbuild their engines for that purpose. The reason behind a redline is not to save the engine, but to save the engine components, like the oil pump and any of the accessories like the power steering, brakes, etc.

I know for a fact that the Taurus SHO 3.0 V6 was built to safely rev out to 9500 rpm or so, the only reason it was held down to 7000 rpms is because of the engine components and accessories.

"EVERYONE's car makes MORE POWER AT REDLINE than it makes right after being shifed into the next gear!"?????????? :eek:

WELL, NOSHIT DICK TRACY..I'm sure glad you got that figured out at least.

I have no idea where you are going with all this whole agument son. Please read my original post.......
Only if you know what the powerband is. Factory redline is (almost) always well past peak horsepower. You would have to know what the HP and torque curves look like and what your various gear ratio's are to gain any meaningful benefit from overrevving any engine with stock internals.
Short answer: Stock cars with stock engines usually go slower down the track when over-reved.....and needlessly risk engine damage.

If your conclusion is that the fasted ET's are acheived by simply shifting at the factory redline in any car you obviously have never been seriously involved in any kind of racing.
I can't comment on what BS you may or may not have READ somewhere(regardless of who wrote it) because I don't know the context or the perameters of the quoted source, but based on over 40 yrs of professional racing experience I stand by the simple statement I made at the start of this:

....NO STATEMENT ABOUT SHIFT POINTS CAN BE MADE WITHOUT KNOWING THE POWERCURVE AND GEAR RATIO'S OF THE VEHICLE IN QUESTION...

Pappy

[THIS part edited out by crxtunerfan - why? because i made a COMPLETE ASS OF MYSELF. steelbuster knew what he was talking about.]

...So thanks to all the guys who helped with info on my son's Civic B16 swap and I hope I helped out some of you.

Your Never to Old For Speed
Pappy :D

FUCK! YEA IM A DUMBASS. i see now that you were talking about OVER-REVVING. ok i'll go drink some toilet water and eat a bar of soap. be right back. :doh: i sincerely apologize. want some free stickers??? :unsure:

yea i know. im pathetic. what else is new me = :tardcart: he was probably telling the truth too.

Back