redoing fuel enrichment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DizzyPhyziks

Motor- jdm b18c +t3/t4 tuned @5psi
Fuel- walbro 255 +aftermarket fpr @60psi +stock injectors

this car had the fpr when I got it and the thing just took a shit. I dont like the idea of just pushing low flow injectors harder so I want to go back to stock fpr with dsm450's.

Current setup gives +50% psi over stock
Dsm injectors should be +88% actual flow
I will retune in about a month with new fmic and uip couplings.

Until then, will I be able to drive safely outside of boost with the new fuel setup? Sounds like it will be rich but Im trying to avoid tuning, parts, tuning, parts, tuning..

Thanks -

You'll flood at idle/low rpm and it will run like shit and has potential to washout the cyls if you don't tune back the larger injectors. You'll need at least a VAFC hack or basemap on a chipped ecu to putz around town like that

yeah sounds risky to me... i guarantee you it will run rich as hell. you would be better off just running the stock injectors at normal fuel pressure and staying out of boost. although like you already know, it really needs a tune either way. doesnt have to be a dyno tune, just a street tune would do. what are you using for a ems anyways?

Monotech ecu crome tune, not too sure about the chip. only boost gauge so far. I think ill just replace the regulator for now.
Probly going to grab a wideband and hook it up along with some other gauges I got layin around before injectors and a tune. Need to make sure the car can even make it to a tuning shop.

Before the fpr problem it ran strong and clean. No bad symptoms at all, besides the lack of grip lol

Later hopin to push 300whp.

Back