1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regrinds Or New?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by SleEPeR_CRX, May 1, 2003.

1. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

hey all, my friend said for my car ( 1990 CRX with LS) i should buy regrinds b/c then i can control everything about them, i was under the impression it would be smarter to just buy like stage 1 crower's or something. he said to get colt cams to regrind, or just buy toda's? i dont have the $$ for toda's, and he said regrinds are $150 for the pair( canadian) is this worth it, or would a set of stage 1-2 crower's be better?. crower's are $800 cAnadian for the full kit. ALso, how noticeable are the performance increases with cams? say i run a 15.1 now, at 89mph, what roughly should i go down to?. no BS about predicting times, if u dont know dont reply, just a guess or give me how much your times went down once you got cams. Thanks

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Stay away from reground cams. You're much better off getting some Stage 1 or Stage 2 Crowers like you said, or maybe Skunk2's or JUN.

Depending on what you do along with the cams (cam gears, valve springs, retainers, etc) and how much you tune them, you could pretty easily see 10-20 horses. You can't just "bolt on" cams and hope to gain loads of power. No telling on what that'll do to your times, though.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

PERIOD.

and this has nothign to do with a fucking swap.
    please read.

:moved:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted