reground cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89 hatch

does anyone know if reground cams are good or bad. everybody I know say they suck but nobody has ever used them

true but they probably have an awesome welder that does theres. if I send mine to lets say crower (not that there bad or anything) couldnt the weld come apart. Ive also heard that they wear fast.

true but they probably have an awesome welder that does theres. if I send mine to lets say crower (not that there bad or anything) couldnt the weld come apart. Ive also heard that they wear fast.

They don't weld the lobes higher, they grind the low area (away from the lobe) lower, then you adjust your valve lash accordingly, and it acts like you have higher lobes. There is no welding involved.

The quality of the grind (smooth transitions, care taken not to overheat the material while grinding)and how much is ground away are your main concerns. Decide what stage of grind is best for your goals, you really can't go wrong with crower.

ok cool. now I have a dohc zc can I take the cams out of an 89 teg so I have to loose the stock cams.

You should cam the teg with DOHC ZC out of your car to the head for stock motors.

That made about as much sense as your last post.

If you have DOHC ZC cams use them. Whether it be in a D16A1 or a ZC, they have a more aggressive profile and will yield more power.

If you're talking about putting D16A1 cams in a DOHC ZC, don't. You can, but that's like putting lower than stock compression pistons in a N/A vehicle, sure it will work, but you'll have less power than stock.

I know the zc cams are better but if I send them to be ground there gone and if I dont like the grind im out my zc cams and nothing to use.

So you're going to get D16A1 cams and send them out to be ground instead of your stock cams. Great idea. Do it.

No, I'm serious. Save your stock cams and grind some others. It'll cost you more, but If you got the money and you end up not liking the way the regrind cams work, you still got the stockers. Not being sarcastic.

oh sorry my bad. I heard that you can get wed cam regrinds without sending a core, is that true?

Back