1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relative easativity

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Battle Pope, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

I am currently paying off my bodywork... but after that I am going to do a B16 SiR-II engine swap because they have the swap package on hmotorsonline for like 2550 with LSD. Shouldn't take me too long to come up with a couple grand. Anyway, I imagine some of you have done this, but how easy is it to do the complete swap (all the way from pulling the engine to starting the new one)? I will have some help from a engineswap veteran, but I want to do a lot of it myself. About how long would you say it would take? Relative difficulty? It'll be going in a '95 DX coupe. A/C, no power steering.

2. Import R

Import R Senior Member

-If you have another guy to help you out who has swap experience
    -If you have all the parts that you will need to get the swap done (shift linkage, axles, mounts, etc..)
    -If you have the proper tools to get the job done...

You could easily do it in a day. I would suggest doing it over a weekend so that you can give yourself some time to troubleshoot any problems that arise.

The 2 biggest suggestions I could give you are 1) take your time and do it right the first time. 2) search the forums for questions related to this swap to see what problems others have run into.

If you get stuck in the middle of the swap, posting on here usually will get you a fairly quick response. GL with the swap!

3. twisted civic

twisted civic Senior Member

I started mine on a wednesday, 9:30 in the morning, finished and drove it out the door at 11:00 pm, with time in the middle for pizza

4. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

i wouldn't count on a day for a first swap. i would give it at least over a weekend, ... i usually pull the old one out on friday night..
    build the new one on saturday and get it mounted to the chassis then sunday tie up all the loose electical ends and put the header/intake on and what not...

5. Import R

Import R Senior Member

yes, but given he said he had help from a guy who has done swaps before realistically it could be done in a day. I personally don't advocate rushing the job, but it depends on the time available to spend doing the swap. Ideally it should be like you outlined: Pull the motor Friday night. Prep the swap on Saturday. Finish install and start the car on Sunday.

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Yip. Yesterday I pulled the old motor out of old car (2.5 hours), and prepped everything, today I pulled the other old motor out of new car and put in the B16A, drove it out the shop at 7pm, started at 11:30. Tomorrow, work out the bugs with a clear head, have a beer.

Take your time, assemble all your tools, keep everything organized, and be prepared fo anything.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted