reluctant suspension ? after reading

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ahedau

I weighed my car last weekend on corner weights w/ me in the car

LF...................RF

.........2282 (total weight in race trim)

LR...................RR

60.5% front 39.5% rear ratio. Not too bad.

however, With coil-overs only on the rear (don't ask) how can I get the corner's in better balance?

from the corner ballance sheets that I have seen on honda's, the aimed weight ratio is 60/40. If you want to get a little more close to 60/40, try lowering the back just a tad.

Don't know why you wouldn't have coil overs on just back but what ever. If you ever do, it looks like you might want to lower the right side a little. Remember that the left side has more weight on it (engine, you, steering wheel, ect, right side has nothing but tranny) Also, another way to get your car closer to 60/40 without messing with your coil overs is to relocate your battery to your trunk, and place in the RR corner.

I've done a little math and I'll need to add about 50lbs to the rear and subtract 20lbs from the front to be almost exactly 60/40. That's the battery plus another 25-30 lbs. I'd really rather add lightness to the front but there is nothing else to remove. No power sterring, no a/c...oh well....

Back