1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remanufactured engines, are they any good?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by scamcorp, Oct 8, 2007.

1. scamcorp

scamcorp New Member

I got a 95 civic with a GSR swap in it. It was burning oil like a mofo before I completly seased the motor up from having no oil in it I presume. It always had blow through after about 5 grand and was burning oil. Anyway, I have had my head rebuilt just recently, should I just get a remanufactured block and pistons? What companies actually hold up their warranty's with remanufactured long blocks? I kinda want to put high compression pistons in it, jump it up to 11.1. Maybe a turbo is in line. What are the possibilities here to pump up the horsepower a bit while I do this.

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

well if you plan to turbo dont up the compression to 11.1 .. you want it as low as possible

3. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

lol don't tell him that because he'll go throw in 8.5:1 pistons, throw on a t25 and wonder why it's still slower than a stock GSR motor lol

Just to clarify a little on what eg is saying... If you plan to go turbo, stay with the stock compression or slightly lower compression for a daily driver. If you plan to do a pretty hefty build, 8.5:1 - 9:1 is around where you wanna be, IMO.

Just remember, the lower compression you go, you'll have to make up the loss in power with boost.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

yea.. i know shit about boosting.. i just know you want your compression to be lower than stock

5. scamcorp

scamcorp New Member

Referb Question

So do you guys know of any really good referb long block manufacturers? I really would like to see someone that is going to actually honor warranties like they are suppose to.

6. 91_civic_si

91_civic_si New Member

I dont think you are going to get a warranty on anything you change or modify in any way. Especially if you boost a motor that comes stock na.

7. scamcorp

scamcorp New Member

Referb Question

I am asking about a referb with a warranty, cause I might plan on keeping my engine stock.

8. 91_civic_si

91_civic_si New Member

Never used a refurb honda motor, but I have used chevy and ford refurbs with no problems

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted