Remember old school BBS's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

If you know what a door game is you probably remember SRE or Solar Realms Elite. Its a badass old game where you only have a few turns a day to play and shit. I wanna get some peeps to play it. Yes im a computer nerd, but an old school comp nerd LOL. Anyways setup an account on this site telnet://ttb.slyip.com/ and play SRE solar realms elite. Woot

:worthy: :worthy:

Yeah the site only has 3 lines

so you gotta kinda wait a bit and keep trying, well worth it! we found out you can log in twice and get 8 turn a day

I used to have scripts and all kinds of shit for that game... Getting the crusader, or the command ship or whatever was the shit. Had like 10 planets behind a single entry cluster and was kicking ass....

That game was fun... but I was 12. :p

Now you guys got me thinking about DWANGO and how much I miss it. :)

Back when you could only play 2 player matches by directly calling the other player, 4 player Doom deathmatches were incredible :)

EDIT: Got me thinking about the people I used to play with on DWANGO, and I just tracked one of them down :D Haven't talked to him in about 10 years now though :)

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Mar 12 2004, 04:19 AM
I used to have scripts and all kinds of shit for that game... Getting the crusader, or the command ship or whatever was the shit. Had like 10 planets behind a single entry cluster and was kicking ass....

That game was fun... but I was 12. :p

I think you're talking about TradeWars, not SRE. I remember rocking both games- there used to be a BBS based in Houston that had 30+ dialup lines all running at the same time. Playing SRE and TW real time against 20 other people was pretty sweet, especially when you got 20 times the normal number of turns.

:D :D :D

Hell yeah, you're right. TW was it...

I remember play SRE as well... I guess i've forgotten the concept...

Anyone ever play TeleArena, Or TeleBrawl? :)

Tele Arena Own'd. We used to get noobs lost all the time. You could have them follow you.. Then just go way the hell out in the middle of no where and log out. :) So you guys signing up for some SRE or what? We got 5 of us so far. Looks like the sysop of that bbs is XXXX and he has hella cash in the game, its gonna be tuff to beat him but were teaming up! :D

I'm having some trouble getting connected... What telnet port/etc are you using?

Mines Ef9 . If you having trouble getting connected just retry cause it only lets people into the BBS 3 at a time and only lets people play the game 1 at a time.

Back