Remember that Dell battery exploding?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

me either. now i gotta send in both of my fucking batteries. i hope you can take them to a Dell place and switch them, i didn't really read the article all they way, but i seriously can't be without my laptop for more than a day max. anyone know if the thing will work plugged in without the battery? i don't know and i'm not gonna try it on mine

yes it will work plugged in without a battery. you dont send your battery back until you get your new one in.

yea...i just found out about that about an hour ago...fuckin crazy...the weird thing is...my partners laptop has one of the model number batteries listed...but when i typed the whole number into the website...it said it did not need to be replaced...so i guess we will see if it explodes in his lap...
from the reposted thread...lol...it was the first thread i saw on this...but yea...grrrr

I got the company wide email on this earlie today... thank goodness I don't have a laptop right now!

wasn't everybody saying this was fake though because it was on some tabloid? that would be some scary shit.

wasn't everybody saying this was fake though because it was on some tabloid? that would be some scary shit.

I didn't see anything about it on a tabloid. I doubt that my corporate IT people would send out a company-wide notice without verifying if it was true first.

i think he meant the battery exploding on the table. they might very well cause a fire, but they usually arent as spectacular as that vid.

i think he meant the battery exploding on the table. they might very well cause a fire, but they usually arent as spectacular as that vid.
yeah, that's the one I was thinking about. i just remember the asian guys running from the computer. probably while screaming in japanese "god damn american computers"

Back