Remember the good ol' days?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jul 24 2005, 08:40 PM-->
@Jul 24 2005, 07:37 PM
I'm with E on this one. He knows his place and he simply asked her to ask nicely.
[post=530526]Quoted post[/post]​

but the main thing is that she ALREADY asked "nicely"...asking for a second time is straight disrespectful.
[post=530547]Quoted post[/post]​

Its a matter of opinion.

There's no right way or wrong way to parent, its one of the first things you'll learn in a psychology class. With that said, there's no right way or wrong way to act as a child, given the circumstances.

Perhaps he has a relationship with his mother that is based moreso on a friendship than elder to youth.

What you see as disrespectful, may be the normal in the family and not shunned.

Some families have every participant on the same level, whereas there's no "sacred cow" persay and everyone is an equal. It may be strange to you, but not to myself or others.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jul 24 2005, 09:40 PM-->
@Jul 24 2005, 07:37 PM
I'm with E on this one. He knows his place and he simply asked her to ask nicely.
[post=530526]Quoted post[/post]​

but the main thing is that she ALREADY asked "nicely"...asking for a second time is straight disrespectful.
[post=530547]Quoted post[/post]​

asked nicely according to who??? her?... she is the only one saying she asked nicely... this kid went to his room and turned on his video camera (the shit on the video apparently was about 10 minutes later).... that leads me to believe that she did not ask very "nicely"

im all for the whole respect for your elders and respecting your parents and shit, but when you are a teenager and have to support your parent because they are too much of a fuckup, i dont feel they deserve it.

the lady is a fuckup... no car (at least not a reliable car), shitty job (based off the fact that she is hitting her son up for $50 and use of his car)... now this kid has a job, has money, has a car (the fact that he cares as much as he does about the car leads me to believe that he bought it himself) and has a lot of pretty nice shit in his room (that he also probly bought himself), this kid has his shit together

i have seen this same type of senario play out several times with my cousin and his mother.... he has always had his shit together, she has always been a complete and total fuckup. my cousin has supported himself since he was about 10, at 14 years old he was pretty much raising and supporting his little sister as well as himself. he has always had multiple jobs, right now he works 2 fulltime jobs... him and his fiance are living in a brand new house and both driving brand new vehicles... his mother on the other hand, cant/wont get a real fucking job, cant keep a car running for more than a few months (he has bought her at least 4 or 5 vehicles, she drives them all into the ground), shes a fuckup. he wont help her anymore. he has lost SEVERAL thousands of dollars helping her, and he is done with it, he will let her walk in a fucking blizzard before he lifts another finger to help her... i dont blame him the least bit, hell i think he was a fool for supporting her for as long as he did.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jul 24 2005, 11:24 AM
i wouldnt put my mom in jail for that, but i would be mad.
[post=530409]Quoted post[/post]​

Im willing to bet that he didnt have a choice...Thats only slightly a federal offense. She didnt beat the kid, she basically stole his identity. You cant press charges against someone reading your mail, they will be prosecuted whether you want it or not.

My parents only told me how proud they were of me. They told me to do chores, and I back-talked ONCE. Got a 5 finger across the cheek.

-> Steve

I think this kid doesn't normally act like this. I think he was putting on a face for the camera. Also, his mom came home at lunch, found him in bed and prolly just demanded the keys. Hey, shitty lifestyles ruin your manners.

Originally posted by reikoshea+Jul 25 2005, 10:26 AM-->
92civicb18b1
@Jul 24 2005, 11:24 AM
i wouldnt put my mom in jail for that, but i would be mad.
[post=530409]Quoted post[/post]​

Im willing to bet that he didnt have a choice...Thats only slightly a federal offense. She didnt beat the kid, she basically stole his identity. You cant press charges against someone reading your mail, they will be prosecuted whether you want it or not.
[post=530716]Quoted post[/post]​

Indeed.

They filed charges against her.

Back