1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember Today

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by jamesA, Dec 7, 2010.

1. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

12-7-41. It's been 69 years to the day since Japan attacked.

2. 92stoccord

92stoccord Big Member VIP

Oh, I thought today was the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow.

1 person likes this.
  3. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

must pay my respect........ i must say its hard for me to to come even close to understanding what was felt and what everyone went through................

4. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Same here, Despain. I can't even remotely comprehend what exactly happened. I will be glued to the History and Military channels tonight though.

5. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

I got to meet a few WWII vets a few months ago at a POW/MIA event we had here. Except for the guys and girls who have actually served in the military none of us will ever have any idea what in the hell it’s all about. It is always humbling to get five minutes to talk to a vet. It’s really the most amazing benefit that comes along with my job. Getting to shake hands with guys who literally helped shape the world as we know it is an amazing experience.

I encourage all of you guys if you get a chance to hit up your local VFW or VA when they hold events. I cry every time I see the empty seat setup at a MIA/POW event. It really is amazing the stories these guys share at such things.

In light of this particular day I would again express my graditude and thanks to all of you who have served or had family serve. The sacrifices made in both war and peace can never be expressed or convayed in any meaningful way. The best that I feel I can do is make sure that my son and future children know of the sacrifices made by their countrymen in the past, present and future knowing full well that they may be giving their life and their chance of a family for complete and utter strangers.

Weather you believe or not God bless all of you the ones who came before you those who will follow.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted