remembering 9/11

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Our country will come upon
the second anniversary of the tragedy of
9-11. We remember the days that followed and that one
evening where we all lit candles by our front doors,
on our front lawns, our porches, our decks.
This year, let us join together to show that we will
not forget those innocent people that lost their lives
that morning. The passengers, the pilots, the people
that were working at the World Trade Center and the
Pentagon. Let us join together to show our
appreciation for the brave firefighters, police
officers and EMT personnel that ran to help others.
To show our remembrance, our strength, our resolve and
our love of our country, let's join together again.

On the evening of September 11th, rain or shine, light
up the front of your home, your yard, your street,
your walkway, your porch, your front steps.

Take time and remember the events of 9-11, how deeply
you were moved, scared, touched. Pray that our nation
continues the fight on terrorism so that events such
as this do not happen again on our soil.

Pass this along and hopefully by 9-11 it will have
reached many throughout the USA and perhaps even the
world. What a statement to our nation, our neighbors
and especially to those lost on that tragic day.

We have not forgotten.
Light some candles the evening of 9-11-03

pass this on

<pours a swig out of his 40 on the front lawn, in front of a lit tiki torch> ...And one for the Homies that didn't make it, yo.

It's been two years people, two years, yeah it's nice to remember those lost, but at some point you've got to stop dwelling on the past and move forward.

This isn't dwelling. It's remembering something horrible that happened to our country and its people. Never should we forget the thousands of people that died at the hands of cowards. Personally, I think the images of the planes flying into the towers and people jumping 100 stories to their deaths should be on the news weekly.

why doesn't anyone ever remember the first time in 93' when the trade center was bombed, oh I get it not enough people died to be worth remembering.

then tell me this do you remember pearl harbor ???
and do you light a candle on the day of remembrance for those people who were killed?

without looking up on the internet or some other source of reference I'll bet 50% of you don't even know what day The Attack of Pearl Harbor was.

I'll bet you don't, and pearl harbor had far more causalities and in my eyes is the same damn thing as a terrorist attack even if it was during a time of war that the US wasn't involved in.

Until the people of the US stop being Hippocrates I'll stick to my guns and remember what happened but I'm not going to dwell on the past , it's been far to long and it's time to regroup,rebuild and move forward.

--I not directing this toward anyone specific, these are my general views--

Pearl Harbor -- December 6th, everyone should know that.

*EDIT* I think people just do this because it is recent. Like you said, fery few people do anything for Pearl Harbor, but they did forabout 5 years after it happened. Now we are just like, "oh yeah, that happened today?" Give it a few years, and people will stop being so into 9/11.

Pear Harbor -- December 6th, everyone should know that.
incorrect sir

Pearl Harbor was Dec, 7th 1941

and those people at the military base were peoples mom's and dad's at work as well.

I misspell one goddamn thing, yet you can't even type one fucking sentence without fucking up three things, and you are getting on my ass?! :slap: :kick: :ban: :asshat: :beat: :poke: :chair:

dennis is the one that psoted that

damn y0- go back on the prozac, or start drinking again or something

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Sep 4 2003, 10:34 AM
Pear Harbor -- December 6th, everyone should know that.
incorrect sir

Pearl Harbor was Dec, 7th 1941

and those people at the military base were peoples mom's and dad's at work as well.

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Back