1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Start

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by VTEC_CBR, Mar 19, 2006.

1. VTEC_CBR

VTEC_CBR Senior Member

So, I picked up a Black Widow Z5 2way alarm and remote start. Because I have an 04 Sentra SER with a chipped key, so I got the DEI 556UW Remote Start Interface Module Transponder. So, my friend is going to install the whole system for me and he told me that for the unit to work, we have to open up the box and place my chipped key inside which I read in the instructions. So, my question is because I only have one key, and don't want to spend 60 bucks on a new key from Nissan, could i get a normal key copy, install my chipped on in the box and have it work? Or do I also need the key that i put in the ignition when i eventually get in to be chipped? I don't think I need to get a chipped copy because the key will already be in there giving the signal, but I am not positive. Help me out guys. thanks
    Sam

2. neonmike

neonmike Senior Member VIP

nope you need a key cut and programed from the dealership. if it does not have the key all it will do is crank until you kill the battery and it will never start. the reason that both need to be ones with a chip in it is cause the one in the bypass box is only active when you use the remote start. so if you only put it in the box it will not work when you try to start it normally.

3. tab

tab Super Moderator

wow, that sucks. I used a bypass in my GF/s Civic. It read the signal from her key during a program sequence, then resends that signal during the remote start process. No extra key required........

4. neonmike

yeah they make those for almost any car but you still need two keys to program it.

5. tab

tab Super Moderator

Um, all I had to do was start the car with the key before using the remote start. You don't need two keys for the Civic. The bypass module reads the algorythm code coming through the key. When the remote start is active, the code gets plugged in.

It was mad easy to program, the wiring was slightly tougher. Like four extra wires I think. Having never done it before, it was kinda scary to cut that wiring.

6. neonmike

ok man you dont have to jump down my throat cause evrytime i have done one it has needed two keys to program. and you really dont have to explain to me how they work cause this is what i do for a living so i know how they work.

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

mike = best installer in CT.

8. neonmike

[​IMG]

9. tab

tab Super Moderator

mike is the best, okay.

No offense meant mike. I'm surprised you've never used the other kind. You won't hear anything more from me. That is all.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted