1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote wire

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by qtmac_mien, Jun 25, 2004.

1. qtmac_mien

qtmac_mien Senior Member

i think that my deck remote wire is messed up b cuzz everytime i intsall my amp, it doesnt work but when i install it in my friends car it works. ive checked the battery and ground and everything is working find but it's still not working. i think my deck remote wire is fried or somethin. can i somehow replace the wire or change it somehow?

2. webink_EK9

webink_EK9 Senior Member

to test it just run a small wire from your power wire to your remote. it should kick it on.

3. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

Small wire like 18 - 22 ga. If you want to retain the remote turn on option tap the red wire from your harness. This wire only provides power when your key is in the on position.

4. 88bluehf

88bluehf Senior Member

diddo just get a good ACC signal and you should be fine just be sure to fuse this at about 10amps.

5. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

Alot of decks have a separate power antenna remote wire you can use, check for that on the back of the deck, could save you time if you have it. If you cant find it, just wire the remote wire to the red acc wire on the back of the deck. That way the amp will turn on only when the acc is on.

6. aznhottiekj

aznhottiekj Senior Member

if all that fails man just run a switch with a fused power wire going into ur remote spot on ur amp, its a pain but at least ull get the boom boom for a temporary set up

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted