1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removing air bags in a 5th gen Accord

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by HONDAPITSTOP, Sep 27, 2003.

1. HONDAPITSTOP

HONDAPITSTOP Senior Member

DOHC_VTEC's 95 Accord that I bought showed up today. Woohoo! However, I don't have my helms manual yet and both airbags are deployed so I'd like to remove them. Does anyone know the easiest way to unbolt both airbags? I searched the posts and faqs but didn't find any answers. I'm looking at the airbags but not seeing anything to unbolt or unclip. Please no comments about airbag removal legality, blah blah. I already know that stuff and just need to know how to remove them. I might get new ones installed and then again I might not. ;)

Thanks,
    Bruce

2. HONDAPITSTOP

HONDAPITSTOP Senior Member

Looks like I'm answering my own question. I posted a guide to changing to a racing steering wheel which has the removal of the driver side airbag. The passenger side is fairly easy just have to get to about eight 10mm nuts by removing the glove box. Of course my air bags were deployed so I wouldn't recommend removing your working airbags considering the danger involved.

Click here to see the pics and procedure

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted