Removing AWD system...help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grannysmuncher

Hi, guys. I'm looking to remove the Realtime AWD system on my '05 Element, and once I get the rear differential out, I need to remove the axles, driveshaft, and disengage the transfer case.

How would I go about removing the axles and driveshaft? Also, how do I disengage the transfer case so that it doesn't keep trying to turn a driveshaft that isn't there? I have to obtain a blockoff plate to finish removing the transfer case.

Any help would be great!

well im talking about the drive shaft to the back it will just drop out the rest is on you lol, but why a v6 a k will walk it so surly you have something in mind other than being fast

In a word, drifting. In two, drifting drifting.

Ha. No, seriously, that's why. I'm going to make it able to drift. My MR2 will be getting the K.

The entire thing, actually. I'll be replacing the entire drivetrain with a J32A2 V6 from an Acura TL/RL and a T56 transmission. So I'll have to build a lot of custom parts, including new rear axles, etc.

i think i would just wait untill its time then rip it all out that way you wont have to worrie about anything

Back