Removing axles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude68

just wondering...whats the easiest way to remove axles out of a b18c1 in a 93 hatch? Or any honda tran for that matter? Ive done this before it just seems to be the hardest thing for me when doing swaps. dont really know why but...ya know shit happens. Just thought i would research this before trying again. Thanx for the replys!

when you get the axle nut off, take off the lower ball joint nut, (17mm) seperate the steering knuckle from the ball joint and you can then swing it all out of the way enough to remove the axles. Make sure the steering wheel is turned away from the side your working on to give yourself more swinging room.

Oh and becareful mot to pull to hard on the brake lines.

Good luck

:tisk:DO NOT USE A PICKLE FORK FOR THE BALL JOINTS.

you'll kill the ball joints in the long run.

compressor and air gun for the axle nuts

Man i wish i had a air compressor. i got a bfsw(big fucking socket wrench), a four foot pipe, and my fat friend.

I'm poor what can i say.

dude ive got the same thing..but hey it works dont it? Thanx a lot! like ive said ive removed them before just lookin for an easier way b/c it seems like the only thing slowing me down when i do a swap. anyways thanx.

I take off the nut on the hub, and use small peice of wood and tap the axle out of the hub.

On the other end I get to fairly good sized screw drivers, placing them 180 degrees from another, and gently pry the axle out. If you pry from only one side you are going to bind it. On the DOHC's I remove the shaft w/ the axle. (drivers side)

Fast and Easey most of the time!

like jamie said though....DON'T use a pickle fork to pry out your ball joints.....I've seen way too many get messed up from it....and I found out the hard way the first time I did it way back when.... <_<

when i did mine i could almost get it out just by turning the steering wheel and hitt it with a wooden like thing that fit inside the hub....but i couldnt get it out and since its an 87 CRX it doesnt have springs in the front so i just undid it and it lowered it just enough to get out the axles....now i wonder how easy its goin to be to get them in

Back