removing crank pulley

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedplastikman

i need to change my timing belt and am having trouble pulling off the crank pulley. i tried putting the car in gear and it still just spins. is there some special trick to keep it from spinning?

Try getting a buddy to hold down the brakes while you do it. Use a breaker bar and a pipe.

The easiest way would be to get your hands on an impact gun.

Sometimes you just can't do it. I had my dad hold the flywheel with a crow bar and I still couldn't get mine off.

what year car and how long since the pulley bolt was last broken ? i tried removing a 90 integ that had never been removed and couldnt brought it to a shop who said it was screwed and the motor might as well get a new fucking crank! but thats my over toned story try a bigger impact or last resort use a breaker bar place it in the correct postion on the engine bay , crank ur car and use the engines own for to break it free only car for a second

but thats my over toned story try a bigger impact or last resort use a breaker bar place it in the correct postion on the engine bay , crank ur car and use the engines own for to break it free only car for a second

That is the STUPIDEST thing that I have EVER heard. Kid, stop typing. Uou aren't helping anything. If anything, you're going to contribute to someone's arm getting ripped off.

arm ripped off dude ur not even outside the car , and this is what was recommeded to me by an ase cert mechanic who is my friend and i did it worked well and leave me the hell alone u dont know shit cause u aint tried shit

1. Your friend is an idiot, and I'm gonna go ahead and say that if he gave you advice like that, he is NOT an ASE certified mechanic.

2. You did not do that. You said earlier that you took it to a shop, and they told you it was screwed.

3. I'll leave you the hell alone when you stop posting stupid/wrong/dangerous advice.

4. I know my shit.

5. I haven't tried stupid shit like that because I use something called 'the right way' to do stuff like that.

i tried that before i brought it to the shop . first i tried my 19 with the breaker , then i tried the break with a 10 foot poll , then i tried the impact at 250 psi , lastly i leaned the break/pole into the engine bay and cranked my shit with not a budge , not dangerous my friend is ase cert mechanic , named sua xiong white bear acura . peace u have some stress problems get therapy

Keep personal comments out of the tech forums.

If you DID try this, obviously it didn't work, because as you said you took it to a shop and they told you it was screwed.

You are not helping AT ALL, plus the kid already got his crank pulley off. Stop posting stuff that you don't know shit about.

it was screwed period not affected by any thing i did , and looks who's biting i give my 2 cents and i will post when its shit i do know about

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back