Removing Idle Air Control Valve / Weight Reduction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ejclide

Swapper for life!
Yo, I keep hearing about people removing their IAC valves here in my little hick town to get a little performance gain. I have a '92 civic lx 4 door I'm in love with. The engine's just been rebuilt, stock pistons though (i couldn't afford to get new ones, sorry guys). Can anyone tell me if this is lagit, and how to do it? I know i can adjust my throttle cable just fine to run idle around 1k to 1.2k rpm. i don't mind that, the motor's so small anyway.

P.S. - I'm also looking for any kind of weight reductions i can do to this car with the exception of ripping out the back seat (I have a 4 door for a reason) and replacing body panels. I think i'll replace the hood at some point, but i don't have the money right now. I've ridded the compressor of it's home, but have yet to completely remove the whole system (condensor, etc.) Any guidance would be appreciated.

Leave the IAC its not worth removing. I think that is a pretty stupid idea period. Your not going to get shit for a performance gain and it will idle like shit when its cold.

You know, that makes sense. thanks for knocking sense into me. i wasn't thinking about the cold, and seeing as how we've been getting snow in the middle of april, that wouldn't be good...

as far as the weight reduction goes, you could gut the trunk without gutting any of the interior, ripping out your AC isnt really going to lighten it up a lot. other than that its down to gutting the interior and replacing body panels, i guess if you dont mind your car looking tacky and you enjoy the sound of wind you could remove the carpeting and some of the interior panels without removing the back seat.

Back