Removing LCD Screen from Portable DVD Player

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Does anyone on here know anything about removing screens from portable DVD players?

The player in question is a Panasonic DVD-LV75.

Or perhaps someone knows of anyother website I can look for information on this.

The goal is to remove the screen from the player to mount it.

the unit most likely has a ribbon cable if it does that would mean that you will have to de solder them from the circuit board on the unit itself. after this is done you can use small wires to re solder and lengthen the ribbon cable to mount the dvd player in the position that you want and screen where you want. more likely than not thought it is going to be tough to do. in my personal opinion i would just buy a raw screen that you can mount wherever you like and then get a a small ps2 and use that to play your dvds on. if your just tryin to use the screen from the portable dvd player alnoe with a different dvd player and not the one it is attached to it won't work.

yea, i'm trying to use it with a different input than the OEM dvd player
these things are from American airlines, i guess they sold them off in bulk and my friend found a guy who was scrapping pallets of them for 2 bucks a pound and asked if he could have a couple

they are branded on the front and back saying they won't play regular dvd's

Back