removing the engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

marshall12395

so im ready to take my engine out my 1999 coupe the engine is b18c type r. is there anything i should know before removing the engine???

Typically? Drain necessary fluids, disconnect the right plugs, its heavy, and be careful... You are very vague with your question...

Pull battery first and put on a trickle charger if you have one. Then pull fuel line and wrap end with foil, plastic bag, whatever and tape it up. Be ready for a battle with the "Bitch Pin" on the tranny linkage. If it's too difficult, just drop the linkage at the shifter and pull the engine/tranny with it hanging - it'll come out with the linkage hanging - then once out, it's a lot easier to work.

I use a small hydraulic crane (Cherry Picker) with 20,000 lb tow straps. Some guys prefer chains, I prefer tow straps. Just loop it around the exhaust manifold, intake manifod, front or left engine mount and tranny.

The first time, I took several digital pictures of all hoses and such, so I knew where they went - vacuum lines, and wiring. That can be really helpful.

Back