removing wrist pins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMB20Coupe

Powerd With 1 Cam
im tryin to remove the wrist pins from a set of zc pistons and a set of y8 pistons but im not sure how. please help.

Take it to a shop(ones that work on Honda if possible). They're pressed in and need a press to be removed. Honda uses their special tool along with a press.

From every dealership I've been to, and asked, no...they don't. Most, if not all, don't even go into the motor. They usually just put in a new block or send it to a machine shop.

The machine shops I've spoke to(local ones), that can do it usually won't unless they're building the engine. Best bet is to just call every machine shop in the area.

where you located i can do it i have a holding fixture press and a rod heater to install new pistons

Honestly, that's a lot for which I'm assuming you're not using the tool Honda uses(which means a high risk of messing up the pistons). The rods aren't supposed to be heated either(although some people still do it).

Back