Renamed: Argue with ReDCiViCSi thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gas-Free
Insurance-75
Rent-Free
Everything else free...
Monthly income after taxes while still in highschool...
Average. $2500-$2600/Month

Once i'm out of school I'm starting my electrician program. After I finish that....$50+/Hour.

My dad's paying the guys that work for him $60/Hour right now and that's about average for here.

ONLY 17<<<<<<<<

And why the hell are you not paying for your own gas and other bills if you make that much per month???

Spoiled you are, says I.

Because I'm 17 and my Dad said he'll pay for it until I'm out of school because he'd rather for me to get an education an work to buy what I want then him have to buy what I want....because he wont. Dude it's a Honda lol, 1 tank of gas per week. I pay my insurance an buy all my own stuff even the car. He just pays for my gas an food pretty much.

Question for you sir. If you are working to be an electrician, and you're working with your dad, and your work is only a mile away, do you guys just work on the same place all your life? I mean maybe you're dad's different or something, but I know when I did contracting with my stepdad, "going to work" was where ever the job was, be it 5 minutes away or 45 minutes away, so there was never a set "this far to work" deal.

YOu're a little late lol.

RIght now my work is really close to my house, I work at an autobody shop.

WHen i'm finished with school at the end of this month THEN i'll be going to work with my dad and where he works is about 65 mile there an 65 miles back...And my dad isn't an electrician he's a major construction contractor, along with my grandpa and uncle... right now they just have a lot of electricians that work for them. =]

Ya my dad has worked all over the west coast an even down into florida. RIght now his company has so much work that they'll be busy for quite a while which is a good thing. THen when they're finished it's on to somewhere else. I know what you're sayin. But he doesn't build like houses.... Rightnow they're poaring concrete tunnels that you can drive dumptrucks through under ground that are intended to be for water in the future.

Question for you sir. If you are working to be an electrician, and you're working with your dad, and your work is only a mile away, do you guys just work on the same place all your life? I mean maybe you're dad's different or something, but I know when I did contracting with my stepdad, "going to work" was where ever the job was, be it 5 minutes away or 45 minutes away, so there was never a set "this far to work" deal.

Worked with my dad for 3 years on a state job doing concrete, the job was always 15 min from my apartment. Some job sites do stay the same for a long time, depends on too much to knock him for saying that IMHO?

Your dad is rocking out with a contract thats $250million and you're driving a 92 civic and acting like a wangsta?

Ohhhh well that makes sense lol,
ya they have a set job for quite a while. he's been up there for almost 6 years. But he isn't a laborer or carpenter so he goes to all the jobs, like in seattle and i think they have one in Cali. right now an some smaller stuff here in oregon too. The smaller 4 years or less jobs are the ones that you finish then move on with. this one job could be worked on by somebody their whole career it cost so much to do an will take so long. but ya right now i'm working hella close to home which is very nice.

Ya my dad has worked all over the west coast an even down into florida. RIght now his company has so much work that they'll be busy for quite a while which is a good thing. THen when they're finished it's on to somewhere else. I know what you're sayin. But he doesn't build like houses.... Rightnow they're poaring concrete tunnels that you can drive dumptrucks through under ground that are intended to be for water in the future.
Makes sense, I guess I didn't see that part. Oh well.
Worked with my dad for 3 years on a state job doing concrete, the job was always 15 min from my apartment. Some job sites do stay the same for a long time, depends on too much to knock him for saying that IMHO?
Makes sense also. All contracting is different.
Your dad is rocking out with a contract thats $250million and you're driving a 92 civic and acting like a wangsta?
+1

For the record, inflating your compensation is as meaningless and as petty as inflating your penis size. Sounds like you're the kind of guy who's guilty on both accounts.

Grandpa=Company President an he owns like 55%, my dad owns like somewhere over 25% an the rest is my uncles. $250 Is how much the job costs to do....not the profit they're making off of it... Like you get presented with a job, companies bid on it an the closest person wins the job then you have to hope that you were a little over on your bid so you don't lose money.

And my dad doesn't spoil me... He pays for my gas an my food, once again...

Thats how it was for him but he had to buy his gas too so he wants me to work for my stuff an then be able to get what I want...

Dude i know my family has money... haven't denied it. This is the car I want, it's something to do. I'm probably getting an evo9 at the end of the summer. But thanks for continuing to be a smart ass to me...

Dude i know my family has money... haven't denied it. This is the car I want, it's something to do. I'm probably getting an evo9 at the end of the summer. But thanks for continuing to be a smart ass to me...

Yup, its probably going to be parked next to the Maserati.

With the kind of money you have, buy it now and have the awd for winter.

FAMILY has money,

i make just over 2k a month and next month I may start working with my dad then after a couple months of saving up i can put a nice down payment on an evo an have it paid off by about september.

And nobody said i have a maserati, grandpa has a 50's era ferrari, 07' corvette zo6, hummer and his second home is over 20,000 sq. ft. =] it's for sale online somewhere right now, Enterprise, Oregon is where it's located. Look it up unless it's sold since last week when i checked it. 9.9 Million is what it's going for. Thanks though

Still, family has money, but you, at 17, are making 2k a month, that's plenty enough to get one right now. I never said your family had to buy you one.

How can I buy an evo9 with 2k a month, plus the stuff i have to buy....honda parts such as my new motor an turbo kit soon, plus going out an my gf...that spends it all lol. In a few months i'll get one though I PROMISE, there'll be pics of it on here. my friend has a sick one right now an i rode in it a few times an now i want one so bad!

Back