Renault GTA's on ebay...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
2 running Renault GTA's are up for sale on ebay (if I had the extra $$ I'd pick em up).

I've seen them in person, they were at a garage in Pawtucket that does alot of VW's forever. I've always kinda drooled over the black car when I drive by (they've also got a VW Polo G40 over there). He wants $3500 for the pair...

ebay link

e8_12.JPG

oh god I had one of those. Not the GTA, but a regular one. Renault Alliance.

I remember that two window roller handles were an option. I had one, that was used on both doors (like, the passenger had to give it to me to roll down my window)

god I hated that thing.

they're awesome autoX cars...

thats the big deal

for comparison
an 86 CRX Si's curb weight is 1953lb's
this car weigh's 2161lb's
andan EG DX weigh's 2178lb's

the Renault sports a 2.0, a close ratio grear box, and some serious suspension

serious suspension ? Are you shitting me ? !

Wow a car that weighs as much as an EG, Most likely has little power and no aftermarket. Not to mention finding replacement parts. What a great find. :wtf:

someone drive one and then tell me what a POS it is...

jesus christ, I need to stop bothering with this shit

Its a rare car.
It was built for racing even without the cage/seats/whatever he put in it.
It has 95hp stock, sounds pretty unimpressive until you've seen one in an SCCA under 100hp factory class destroy everything else...

yeah...aftermarket support...if they don't make body kits or altezzas for it, it *must* be junk

so you can WTF-yourself

Quoted post[/post]]
someone drive one and then tell me what a POS it is...

jesus christ, I need to stop bothering with this shit

Its a rare car.
It was built for racing even without the cage/seats/whatever he put in it.
It has 95hp stock, sounds pretty unimpressive until you've seen one in an SCCA under 100hp factory class destroy everything else...

yeah...aftermarket support...if they don't make body kits or altezzas for it, it *must* be junk

so you can WTF-yourself
I meant aftermarket as in coilovers to replace those rusted ones on there. And who gives a shit if its a rare car, I bet it would get owned by a civic dx with coilovers So..... :wtf:

hosmer: good find, definatly a cool car... i (unlike most other people in here) have seen them in action... and for what they are they are quite impressive
for anyone looking to get into road rallys this would be a perfect beginer car

unfortunatly this is a site completely overrun with fuckin idiot fanboys who think that if its not a honda its crap, unless of course its a STi, or an Evo, or a skyline, or some other generic piece of JDM who gives a fuck

Quoted post[/post]]
sounds pretty unimpressive until you've seen one in an SCCA under 100hp factory class destroy everything else...

uhh, what class is that?

cool find though.

if i had a place to put it and money, id rock it and go rip through some woods/logging trails. set up the pissedoffrally. lol

Quoted post[/post]]
unfortunatly this is a site completely overrun with fuckin idiot fanboys who think that if its not a honda its crap, unless of course its a STi, or an Evo, or a skyline, or some other generic piece of JDM who gives a fuck

i dont think it's so much that, as the fact that they are all into drag racing.... and since this has only 95 hp, ist an automatic POS...

kinda like a civic cx or dx....

Not that it only has 95hp...the AE86's had relatively low numbers...but they're RWD...

I can't see a low powered FWD ripping it up in an scca class that, until now, I've never heard of...

It would kick my CX's ass.. but I could certainly out-handle it.

It would be like muscle car vs. a ferrari with a metro motor swap. :p

Quoted post[/post]]
hosmer: good find, definatly a cool car... i (unlike most other people in here) have seen them in action... and for what they are they are quite impressive
for anyone looking to get into road rallys this would be a perfect beginer car

I happen to be a fan of many cars, not just hondas but I still dont see this as a great car. Like civicious said its just another fwd eco-box,Its not any better then a eg civic. The only thing it has going for it is its rare and who gives a shit. If you build the car up and whoop some ass in SCCA then ill deffinatly give you some props, but until then its not big deal. Its like "look at this 85 civic si hatch and parts car".

.89g's on the skidpad w/stock tires/suspension, .94 w/good tires

the Neon SRT4's pull .85g's, the WRX .82g's, and an RSX-S pulled .88g's (SCC website)

there used to be an "under 100hp production" class, I think it was replaced with the under 1.5 class...I've been out of SCCA for years

Back