Reno-Fernly Config B w/NASA 06/25/06 in the Evo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
This past weekend I did some instructing with NASA at Reno-Fernly. We ran the 2.8 mile config b. It was hot as hell and my advans hate me now. I was driving the Evo because the Honda is getting a cage put in right now. :) I wish we could have run the 4.1 mile config a, however we were short corner workers so they went ahead with this config. The back section is very short and tight. Lots of high revving but slow speeds + 105 degrees in the desert = high temps. The only time the car could do any cooling down was heading down the front straight. The car is mostly stock except springs, brake pads, a flash and an exhaust. The car did do qutie well but was pushing pretty hard in the huge U turns we were doing as you'll see. I'm also now part of the "brownbo" club as my red calipers up front have turned dark red/brown with yellow lettering. lol, I'll post those pics up later. Enjoy.

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/video/reno/renoFernly062506_configB.wmv

can i assume you had some window open a crack, or else does the cabin get that much wind noise all the time?? Oh and i loved the one brake light on the m3 at the beginning.

what was your best time vs the avg?

Ya, I had all 4 windows down, at least the front 2 have to be down. The wind noise was aweful, I'm going to hook up an external mic and place it elsewhere next time. Funny thing about that BMW I didn't notice the 1 brake light until I watched the vid. lol.

My average lap time was 2:35~2:36 on street tires. Here are the times that were run by the racers and TT'ers that day. I was running in the same session as the TT'ers (all are on at least R compound tires).

http://www.nasaproracing.com/results/norcal.html?eventid=144342

Black Widow g2 said:
i only hate you because i wasn't there. lol
Well, where the heck were you? haha. I'll be instructing in the Evo again at Thunderhill on July 6th if you want to go for a ride. :)

Back