Renter's insurance?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
I have no idea what i'm doing. lol

i ran a quote on statefarms web site. i have progressive for auto, and they don't offer home insurance, so don't say to use my auto ins comp. :p

seems kinda high at 203 a year...

When would you like coverage to begin? 12/01/2005

Number of applicants: 1

Has any insurer or agency canceled or refused to issue or renew similar insurance to any household member within the last 3 years? No

Has any applicant had any losses in the last 5 years? No

Has any applicant been convicted of arson, fraud or other insurance related offenses? No

Is any applicant a named insured on a private passenger auto policy written as voluntary business by State Farm? No

Has any applicant had State Farm Homeowner, Manufactured Homeowner, Renters, Condo Unitowner, or Farm/Ranch Insurance within the past 3 years? No

Edit General Information

Coverage Information

Contents amount: $41,600

Condominium loss assessments: $1,000

Deductible: $500

Personal liability: $100,000

Medical payments to others: $1,000

Building property coverage: $12,480

Edit Coverage Information

Condo Unit Information

Deadbolt locks: Yes

Fire extinguisher: Yes

Sprinkler system: None Selected

Fire or smoke alarm: Local Only

Burglar alarm: None Selected

Year built: 1987

Construction type: Frame

Number of units in the building: 6

Is there any damage to the building or unit that has not been repaired? No

Is the dwelling within 1000 ft of water at high tide of the ocean, gulf, bay, harbor, large open body of water, or located on an island? No

Does a fire department (including those requiring a subscription) provide fire protection to the dwelling? Yes

Does the dwelling have water available for fire protection year round? Yes

Is the dwelling accessible to fire department protection equipment year round? Yes

During the year, you will occupy the unit: 6 - 12 months

During the year, is the unit rented or held for rental? No

Is the unit located in the basement of the building? No

Is there a wood or coal stove, fireplace insert, or free-standing fireplace on the residence premises? No

Is any business other than child care conducted on the residence premises? No

Is there any child care business conducted on the residence premises? No

Are there burglar bars on any of the doors or windows? No

Are there any dogs in the household? No

Do you have any wild animals as pets? No

Edit Dwelling Info

Policy Options and Endorsements

Jewelry and Furs: No Additional

Business Personal Property: No Additional

Home Computers: $10,000

Firearms: No Additional

Silverware and Goldware: No Additional

Waterbed Liability: No

Earthquake Coverage: No

Aren't buying a condo? Then you want Homeowners insurance, not renters insurance.

yea, i don't think renters insurance is what you want B...

but 203 seems on par for renters insurance...

i think my friend pays somewhere around 15 or 20 a month on 40K coverage

and the websites seem to always quote higher than what an agent will quote you

i don't OWN the physical outside of the complex though. if a flood comes and wipes it out or whatever, its not my problem.... its the associations. i jsut need to insure what i put INSIDE the dwelling.

talk to an agent

i see a good potential for you to get fucked if you got renters insurance...

insurance companies are very good at the small print ass fucking...

http://www.statefarm.com/insuranc/homeown/condoinform_1.htm

State Farm® offers a policy specifically designed for individual condominium unit owners. State Farm Condo Unit Owner policy is for the customer who owns and occupies (at least part of the year) a dwelling unit in a structure owned and insured by a Condominium Association, a Townhome Association, a Cooperative, a Homeowner Association, a Planned Community or similar types of organizations.

now stop telling me i'm wrong and offer me some insruance advice like i asked for. :p

B. I have progressive for auto as well. and I have Danby insurance for the home. my homeowners is $400 a year. you should only look for a policy that is a guarenteed replacement value. your rates should also be about 100/300, I went with a 100/500 as it was only $50 more a year. also you should not mention you are a smoker, homeowner policies give a huge break on non-smokers.

hell give this guy a call in wallingford he's a really good agent he's the one who found my homeowners and auto policy. and actually he got me my auto policy $200 cheaper every 6mos. I did a quote from progressive on their website and they quoted me $1000 for 6mos., I gave him all the same exact info and he got me the policy for $800 for 6mos.

he also mentioned to me that most of the time an ageent will be able to get a much better quote than an on-line form

Michalowski Agency LLC
Bill Michalowski 265-6763

I've never had cheaper rates ever than when I started using this guy.

i don't smoke inside anyway... the reason its more is cu lazy fucks fall asleep on the couch with a cig hanging out of their mouth. lol burning down the house... i got a porch to go out on and i'll have my coffe can butt tray soon enough :p

Danby seems to only insure vermont????

Wow, my home owners (state farm) is around $100 a month. But that is insured so heavily that I could build two houses the size of mine if mine were to burn down or whatever. No need to worry about flooding. And 80k contents on top of that.

Hey, if my house burns down, Whatever.. It'll be like hitting the lotto. No worries there!

P.S. State farm gives heavy discounts if you do home owners, auto, life, etc. All through them.

I still need to get my life insurance done. I'm just being lazy about it. That and placing a value on my life it a bit hard. If I die, I want my wife to get 80 bagillion dollars. Apparently that costs alot. I'm thinking half a million or something.. I dunno.

Quoted post[/post]]
http://www.statefarm.com/insuranc/homeown/condoinform_1.htm

State Farm® offers a policy specifically designed for individual condominium unit owners. State Farm Condo Unit Owner policy is for the customer who owns and occupies (at least part of the year) a dwelling unit in a structure owned and insured by a Condominium Association, a Townhome Association, a Cooperative, a Homeowner Association, a Planned Community or similar types of organizations.

now stop telling me i'm wrong and offer me some insruance advice like i asked for. :p

See? Condo unit OWNERS.

On a more serious note: I wish I had something helpful to say - but my usefulness to this thread has expired.

see, the association insures the building.... io just need to insure my own stuff

Quoted post[/post]]
I have no idea what i'm doing. lol

i ran a quote on statefarms web site. i have progressive for auto, and they don't offer home insurance, so don't say to use my auto ins comp. :p

seems kinda high at 203 a year...

When would you like coverage to begin? 12/01/2005

Number of applicants: 1

Has any insurer or agency canceled or refused to issue or renew similar insurance to any household member within the last 3 years? No

Has any applicant had any losses in the last 5 years? No

Has any applicant been convicted of arson, fraud or other insurance related offenses? No

Is any applicant a named insured on a private passenger auto policy written as voluntary business by State Farm? No

Has any applicant had State Farm Homeowner, Manufactured Homeowner, Renters, Condo Unitowner, or Farm/Ranch Insurance within the past 3 years? No

Edit General Information

Coverage Information

Contents amount: $41,600

Condominium loss assessments: $1,000

Deductible: $500

Personal liability: $100,000

Medical payments to others: $1,000

Building property coverage: $12,480

Edit Coverage Information

Condo Unit Information

Deadbolt locks: Yes

Fire extinguisher: Yes

Sprinkler system: None Selected

Fire or smoke alarm: Local Only

Burglar alarm: None Selected

Year built: 1987

Construction type: Frame

Number of units in the building: 6

Is there any damage to the building or unit that has not been repaired? No

Is the dwelling within 1000 ft of water at high tide of the ocean, gulf, bay, harbor, large open body of water, or located on an island? No

Does a fire department (including those requiring a subscription) provide fire protection to the dwelling? Yes

Does the dwelling have water available for fire protection year round? Yes

Is the dwelling accessible to fire department protection equipment year round? Yes

During the year, you will occupy the unit: 6 - 12 months

During the year, is the unit rented or held for rental? No

Is the unit located in the basement of the building? No

Is there a wood or coal stove, fireplace insert, or free-standing fireplace on the residence premises? No

Is any business other than child care conducted on the residence premises? No

Is there any child care business conducted on the residence premises? No

Are there burglar bars on any of the doors or windows? No

Are there any dogs in the household? No

Do you have any wild animals as pets? No

Edit Dwelling Info

Policy Options and Endorsements

Jewelry and Furs: No Additional

Business Personal Property: No Additional

Home Computers: $10,000

Firearms: No Additional

Silverware and Goldware: No Additional

Waterbed Liability: No

Earthquake Coverage: No

B, Call my friend Nikki at All State we just got Renters through them at 147/year...tell her Scott sent you

860 945 0888

Brian, I highly suggest upping your coverages, especially for loss assement. What that is, is say a kid slips on ice within the property and sues the association for X amount of dollars. The property insurance only covers so much so if it goes above and beyond, it will assess each and everyone of the units. Most property deductibles are 2500-5000 dollars so I would highly suggest upping your loss assessment to 5k. As for our policy this is what we have:

Dwelling: 55K
Personl Prop: 90k
loss of use: 35,200
Personal Liability: 400k
Med Pay: 2000
We also have special extensions of coverage which gives us replacement value for scheduled items and increases our Personal Liab another 300k.

Oh and our YEAR premium is 521 (not including our 20% discount for employees).

Also, personal property covers anything and everything if you were to take your house and flip it upside down and shake it. Anything that falls out is considered personal property, so take that into consideration. Normally they'll just do 30% of your liability coverage amount. Google me for the next few hours if you want to talk about it.

I got my condo owners policy for like 175 a year with metlife. I think it might be cheap because my autp policies are with metlife also.

jeef- do you have a spec-list like steve put up? thats kinda the stuff i'm interested in. i don't really know what or how much to insure...

Back