Renting garage...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
Hello everyone. I am relatively new to this site, but I have known about it for a little while now. I have a project that I am about to start and I was wondering if anyone would like to give me a hand...

I will be renting Clayton's (Airjockie) garage in the near future to do a swap into my civic hatch. Anyone interested in helping out let me know...I will supply food and booze to anyone willing to come down...

For free beer i will help you. I dont know how much help I will be after a few beers LoL

mpfi conversion is a bit of a bitch.. Does the new motor not have a harness on it? Hell, if you have the whole car, swap main harnesses. keep it clean.

Well, he's going to try to get the car to the house today or tommorrow, and I don't know when he will get the motor and stuff here, so that up in the air. In his other post, help him out on what other parts he will need so he can go and find some. And I need to make a trip to go get the hoist from Steve, and make some room. I doubt it will happen this week, or next...but when we get all the stuff here, then we'll set a date for the get together, and we'll knock it out. And since the comp is in the garage, all the tech from HS will be at hand. If there is something that involves a little time to do to prep for the swap, I'll prolly play around with it to just get it prepped.

I can probably make it down if you tell me a date/location.

Also, don't forget to get a RESISTOR BOX...

I did one of these swaps a few years ago, its not that bad.

well...he got the car here....and next week it will be garage roofing...then when he gets the engine here...we'll plan a date and time.

Hopefully we'll have the old engine out, mounts in place, alt area pounded in, and the bay clenaed up a little before we get the party going...so when it does happen, we can just double check everything, drop the motor in and get all the brains to work on the wireing and other crap...

well....hehe

I saw the car drive a little...it's blowing smoke like the civic was....and Walter and I discussed his many options...

for right now, we'll change out the valve guide seals, run a thicker oil, do a basic tune-up on it...and see if we can get the car drivable...and hopefully good enough to get it thru the winter....

He'll get an engine stand, and we'll tear down his LS, and I'll slap some GSR pistons in it, and we'll slowly build the engine over the winter...with some other toys...and we'll get something built for the spring to do the swap...that's if the current engine can make it thru the winter. and if it does make it thru, then we might rig up a small turbo to it just for fun...to blow it up. :p

And he want's to see if he can try an autocross....and if he likes it...then we might go another route on his build up...he already has another car...so this is his little toy to mess with...at first...I was asking him on what he wanted the car to turn out like....and he just wanted something thats a sleeper...and can dig from a roll...and keep up with or pass somebody on the highway...and then he drove the light, little civic, and he liked the peppyness...even though it was only just pulling the stock HP..

I'm wondering how an LS would run on some 45mm Mikunies :ph34r: or build up an ITB LS/Vtec....or even a turbo carbed D15 :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
we'll tear down his LS, and I'll slap some GSR pistons in it

why? gsr pistons don't fit ls rods, and the compression bump is far from staggering.

jdm p30 b16 pistons is what you want. they press right on to the ls rods and offer a significant jump to 11:1.

and we'll slowly build the engine over the winter...with some other toys...and we'll get something built for the spring to do the swap...that's if the current engine can make it thru the winter. and if it does make it thru, then we might rig up a small turbo to it just for fun...to blow it up. :p

blowing up old motors is t3h fun :p

I'm wondering how an LS would run on some 45mm Mikunies :ph34r: or build up an ITB LS/Vtec....or even a turbo carbed D15 :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

here we go again........... :blink:

Back