repainting my car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is this paint really crappy Hawthorne "Rayflex" Acrylic Enamel. i dont know much about it but i dont want to drop to much money thank you.

I've never heard of it, ask tab or driver1, they seem to know the off-brands. Where did you get it from?

Nope, I've never heard of it. I haven't seen any REALLY awful paints yet. If you follow the directions, I'm sure it would be fine. Acrylic enamel is just single stage, and would be good practice for cheap if nothing else. If you buy the paint at a paint dealer, it should be fine.

never heard of it myself either....what automotive paint supply store are u getting it from? to be honest you can do a basecoat clearcoat paintjob for less than 200 dollars in paint alone.....martin seniour crossfire clearcoat is about 80 bucks for a sprayable gallon and you should be ableto get a cuople quarts of basecoat for around 50 bucks each in the crossfire as well...but thats all in your choice, if its next to nothing for the stuff you talk about, go for it.

Originally posted by 95preludetypes@Aug 12 2004, 02:56 AM
thank you for that help i was wondering can i spray clear on Acrylic enamel base coat thank you.
[post=375839]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, as long as you double check for compatability. My local paint guru even suggested that he likes this method better. The acrylic enamel paint is much tougher than base coat, and the clear gives the paint a great shine.

if your looking for a good cheap paint dupont makes a brand called nason works good and runs 80 bucks canadian for a 1 gallon of paint and all the needed reducer and hardner

Arcylic/synthetic enamels are pure fucking garbage, don't waste your time putting that crap on you car...

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 4 2004, 12:42 AM
dude read the post he is looking for a cheap paint
[post=385985]Quoted post[/post]​

True but unless he is selling his car it wouldn't be a good idea. Single stage paints (even urethanes) lose gloss after about 6months to a year... :(

not true at all.
if a good painter appleis they pro9duct the can add extra hardner to help enhace and maintane that look longer

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 4 2004, 05:41 PM
not true at all.
if a good painter appleis they pro9duct the can add extra hardner to help enhace and maintane that look longer
[post=386183]Quoted post[/post]​

Ummm.... ok.

I have had bad results with Omni and Western/Dimension single stages... Very poor quality. Even the urethanes...

ya well i haves used dupont nason paint now and it hasn't fadded in a year or chipped off my wheeling truck

im going to do a base/clear i have looked around and everyone stands behind it. the reason i dont want to spend a lot is because i live in the desert eniff said thanks for all you help.

Back